Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #1
ijonikis
ijonikis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Installation problem

I am a non-technical user but have been installing most Calibre updates and plugins for years without any problems. I don't uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

The last two updates appear to install but when I open Calibre it still says version 2.78 and not 2.80.

In case it is relevant ... my system details are: Windows 10 Pro; 64 bit OS, x64 based processor, RAM 32.0 Gb, Intel i7-3770K CPU @ 3.5 GHz. I have taught my Norton to love Calibre. My ereader is currently a Kindle Paperwhite (7th Generation 5.8.7)
ijonikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Most likely you have accidentally installed both the 32-bit and 64 bit versions of calibre and are updating one but launching the other.

Uninstall any installed calibres, then re-install. Doing so does not affect your settings/books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
ijonikis

Thank you very much for your reply - uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the problem and I didn't lose all my selected plugins. Sadly I still lose all the metadata when importing books from My Kindle Content or direct from my Kindle Paperwhite into Calibre. I was hoping the latest version would fix that.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as as I know there are no bugs in calibre that prevent reading of metadata from mobi files. Make sure you haven't disabled the metadata reader plugin in Preferences->Plugins and if not, then opena bug report and attach the file for which metadata cannot be read.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #5
ijonikis

As far as I can tell any plugin that looks even vaguely relevant has been enabled. I've submitted a bug report. Thank you for your assistance.
Advert

Tags
installation, updates