Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #151
Urado
Urado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic somethingUrado has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@ciromattia : yes, image is rotate in landscape and resize in 758*1024.
From this we get this.
Urado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #152
devorez
devorez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urado View Post
Right now I use Mokkle to resize images (758*1024) and then I use KCC to get a .mobi file.
Funny to see someone still using my software. ^^
I'd have updated it for the PW version if I had got the time and KCC didn't exist.

@AcidWeb Thanks for your private version! This looks like the ultimate solution to read mangas on PW at the moment

Last edited by devorez; 03-02-2013 at 10:20 AM.
devorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #153
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
@devorez - Nah. Everything is ciromattia work. I just fixed only major bug :-P

I just pushed small patch on GitHub to enable page rotation instead spliting.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #154
devorez
devorez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
@devorez - Nah. Everything is ciromattia work. I just fixed only major bug :-P

I just pushed small patch on GitHub to enable page rotation instead spliting.
Yeah but it's easier to use now
devorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #155
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Just merged the pull request
Let me add the option to the GUI and add the natural sorting for files, and I'm going to release 2.6
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #156
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Just merged the pull request
Let me add the option to the GUI and add the natural sorting for files, and I'm going to release 2.6
please start a new thread in order to keep us informed about updates via first post.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #157
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
please start a new thread in order to keep us informed about updates via first post.
was wondering about doing it
As soon as 2.6 is ready I'm going to open a dedicated post!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #158
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
was wondering about doing it
As soon as 2.6 is ready I'm going to open a dedicated post!
thanks
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #159
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I need some feedback from PW users. I dont have one and Kindle Previewer is not enought for this type of tests :-/

pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu.mobi
Please check if that MOBI work 100% correctly. No page loops. Panel view start in right top corner. Cover is here. And no "Personal" label.

That manga is released on CC BY-NC 3.0 so this file is 100% legal.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-03-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #160
TheFireRed
TheFireRed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindke Paperwhite
Quote:
I need some feedback from PW users. I dont have one and Kindle Previewer is not enought for this type of tests :-/

pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu.mobi
Please check if that MOBI work 100% correctly. No page loops. Panel view start in right top corner. Cover is here. And no "Personal" label.

That manga is released on CC BY-NC 3.0 so this file is 100% legal.
I've decided to test it myself, so here are my impressions. Yet I must admit that the results are far better than what I've tried many times before, so I hope you can share a brief tutorial on how to do all this!

• Once sent via email, there's no cover and the Personal label is still present (hence converted in AZW3). [no cover + personal] The MOBI file, on the other hand, shows the cover. Looks like the Personal label is going to be harder to delete. [cover + personal]
  • The cover page and the first page are the same picture, but they look very nice. [cover and first page]
  • After double-tapping, we can go in fact to the top-right corner and the reading direction is correct (by tapping on the left side, of course). [full page] [icon]
  • The drawings and dialogues are incredibly clear and very easy to read even without Panel View Mode! [no zoom detail]
  • Landscape mode is disabled, unfortunately. So no Panel View for it. I was really interested in this feature. [landscape disabled]
TheFireRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #161
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
I'm having some difficulty with my K4NT. The conversion using KCC appears to work fine, it outputs both epub and mobi.

However there is no panel view when reading the mobi on my kindle. Pressing the next/previous page buttons goes straight to the next/previous page. Pressing the menu button only brings up "zoom" and "goto" options. The keyboard button does nothing, and obviously the back and home buttons do their respective functions.

Anyone else with a K4NT got any advice?
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #162
Sauyadav
Enthusiast
Sauyadav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, iPad mini, Note 2
Here are my findings on paperwhite:

1. Reading direction is correct.
2. Personal label is still there, I have sideloaded the file by directly copying it in the document folder.
3. Cover is correct.
Sauyadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:41 AM   #163
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@TheFireRed, Sauyadav - Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFireRed View Post
(...)so I hope you can share a brief tutorial on how to do all this!
After ciromattia will create dedicated topic for KCC 2.6 look for AWKCC there :-)

Personal label - That was my latest idea how remove that label. Back to drawing board... :-)

Cover page and first page is the same picture - Working as intended. KCC just use first image to create cover record. Kindle just display it this way.

Incredibly clear images - That is mostly result of high quality source files.

Landscape mode - I need some clarification here. Why you need it? KCC 2.6 will have option to display double pages horizontally. (But Panel view will not work correctly there.) There is something more needed?

EDIT:
Updated MOBI.
Added experimental landscape mode.
And try again to remove Personal label.

Please check it again.
http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu.mobi

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-04-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #164
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Quote:
@TheFireRed, Sauyadav - Thank you very much.
EDIT:
Updated MOBI.
Added experimental landscape mode.
And try again to remove Personal label.

Please check it again.
http://pawelj.vulturis.eu/Shared/Ubunchu.mobi
tried with the PW of a friend of mine: landscape mode seems to work well, displaying 2 pages in a single screen and correctly zooming from top-right to bottom-right to top-left to bottom-left.
Personal label is still there; I'm going to try to amend EXTH header.

@ghudod: my Keyboard too does not enable Panel View mode, I think that touch kindles simulates it if the mobi is not built with split images. I tried to build a "real" PanelView epub (any page being composed by the fullpage image and 4 zoomed sections) and it seems to correctly display PV-mode.
I opened an issue for this, so in hopefully in a future release we'll have PanelView in non-touch kindles too
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #165
Sauyadav
Enthusiast
Sauyadav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo h2o, iPad mini, Note 2
1. Landscape mode is working displaying two pages. (I wasn't expecting this kind of landscape mode, I was thinking of landscape mode like in pdf files where single page is displayed upto the width and is scrolled along the height.)

2. Personal label is still here. I have tried removing personal label myself too using Calibre but it didn't work for comic book files.

PS: Please provide option for creating a mobi with black background rather than default white in the new version of KCC, such option is in AWKCC and liked it over white background.
Sauyadav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, k5 tools, kindle tools, manga, paperwhite