Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
BaqFish
BaqFish began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Question regarding PDFs

Hello everyone,

today I got my new (and first) eReader and I'm pretty happy about it. Now, I often want to read mangas/comics with it and as such I have a bunch of PDF files on my computer and now on my eReader.

The Problem is, that the page number that is displayed on the bottom makes sure that the picture is a little bit smaler. When displaing said manga as a jpg file there is no page number and as such the picture is much bigger and better.

Now is there a possibility to either remove the page number display for pdfs or is there a way to but a bunch of jpgs together so they work similiar to a book or pdf file. As it is right now when using jpgs I have to close the jpg and load the next one up by hand which is really annoying.

Thanks in advance!
BaqFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There isn't a way to remove the page number from the bottom. But, Kobo support comic books in CBZ and CBR files. That will do what you want. There has been a bit of discussion of this here recently as there has been problems with one of these formats in recent firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
BaqFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There isn't a way to remove the page number from the bottom. But, Kobo support comic books in CBZ and CBR files. That will do what you want. There has been a bit of discussion of this here recently as there has been problems with one of these formats in recent firmware.
Hah, CBZ and CBR files are awesome. Thanks for that. However is there an option to change the Metadata for such a file so that the Aura HD shows that? In specific I hate the fact that it shows for all of them "Unknown Author" below the title. Calibre didn't help me and neither did ComicRack.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Try our software - check my signature. We don't officially support other e-readers than Kindle but our KCC can produce generic EPUB/CBZ files that should be usable on any reader. Optimization of images for e-ink screens could vastly increase quality.

Next version will read ComicRack metadata and embed them in EPUB files.

If you will have any problems feel free to ask them here or find me on MobileRead IRC channel.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaqFish View Post
Hah, CBZ and CBR files are awesome. Thanks for that. However is there an option to change the Metadata for such a file so that the Aura HD shows that? In specific I hate the fact that it shows for all of them "Unknown Author" below the title. Calibre didn't help me and neither did ComicRack.
For CBR, CBZ and some other formats, the firmware uses the file name as the book title and sets the author to unknown. If you are using calibre, my Kobo Utilities plugin has an option that will update the metadata in the device library from the calibre library. It should work for all formats. I have tested it with CBR and CBZ, but don't use them myself. if there is a problem, tell me.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
BaqFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For CBR, CBZ and some other formats, the firmware uses the file name as the book title and sets the author to unknown. If you are using calibre, my Kobo Utilities plugin has an option that will update the metadata in the device library from the calibre library. It should work for all formats. I have tested it with CBR and CBZ, but don't use them myself. if there is a problem, tell me.
Oh god, you, sir, are amazing.
I spent the the whole day figuring out a way to save the files just how I want them, with custom covers and the correct meta data. I installed about 5 programs that didn't help and then you come along and fix everything with a plugin.
Thank you, you just made my week