Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > IMP Books (offline)

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Thumbs up Worts, George F.: Peter the Brazen v1 15 may 2009

George F. Worts was an extremely popular pulp magazine writer known not only for this series but also for his Singapore Sammy stories and Gillian Hazeltine mystery novels. Worts, who was born in Ohio on March 16, 1892 was a successful author, businessman and editor. When he was still a young man, he worked as a ship's radio operator much like his character, Peter the Brazen. After living most of his life on the East Coast, Worts moved to Hawaii where he died in 1967.

This story was first published in 1918 in ARGOSY and is one of the most popular of early pulp fiction. It remains very readable today. I transformed the frontispiece to cover.

This is a definite must!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 01-21-2010 at 01:27 PM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Phil Worts
Phil Worts began at the beginning.

Device: none
George Worts' birthday

Hey, just thought I would make a small correction to my grandfather's birthday... looks like you included a small typo. He was born on March 16, not the 6th.

Just for kicks, I scanned one of the few things I have from him. I carry a small gold pocket knife that was passed down to me. Its engraved with his name on one side and his birthday on the other. It was given to him by his dad in 1948. The knife was made by Schrade Cutlery Company, Walden NY. I have never sharpened this knife and after sixty years, it is still razor sharp (and yes, I use it frequently!).

Well, I tried to upload it, but it doesn't look like it took...
Phil Worts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Corrected! Thanks.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
golden age, pulp