Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
What is the best way to convert lrf to rtf?

I've tried using ABC Amber converter and the results are terrible. Every line has a strange symbol or a dash before it. Are there any other programs for this?
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
ABC Amber converters generally suck.

The best thing I can think of is LRF Tools...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28707
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It is actually possible to open the lrf in the Sony software and highlight and copy it, then paste it into a doc.
The formatting is preserved, except for italics. But it takes a lot of time to scroll through. (There doesn't seem to be a way of selecting all the text.)

NB This will not workfor lrx books: the DRM'd version of lrf.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to convert LRF to RTF.
Almost any LRF file was created either from RTF or HTML or PDF or TXT files. To find the original with the original formatting it a lot easier and satisfactory than using ABC Amber that will muck up the text and formatting.

LRF, in a sense, is similar to PDF. Anything can be converted into LRF but not much can be extracted. By "not much" I mean that a lot formatting might be lost.

Think about it.

Last edited by astra; 03-12-2009 at 09:02 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
LRF, in a sense, is similar to PDF. Anything can be converted into LRF but not much can be extracted. By "not much" I mean that a lot formatting might be lost.

Actually the few files I tried LRF Tools on came out quite well.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
corroonb
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to convert LRF to RTF.
Almost any LRF file was created either from RTF or HTML or PDF or TXT files. To find the original with the original formatting it a lot easier and satisfactory than using ABC Amber that will muck up the text and formatting.

Think about it.
I wanted to edit the lrf files as they had bad formatting and spelling errors.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
I wanted to edit the lrf files as they had bad formatting and spelling errors.
I believe you can find the source then
astra is offline   Reply With Quote