Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
pinn
pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.pinn can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Paperwhite
change page turn margins

Hi,

just got my shiny (literally) paperwhite but unhappy with the way I have to control page turns. I'm used to holding with my let hand and touching the left margin to advance the page and the right margin to go to the previous. A bit backwards perhaps but I find it comfy.

Are there any patches for doing this? I have searched but came up empty-handed.

TIA
pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn View Post
Hi,

just got my shiny (literally) paperwhite but unhappy with the way I have to control page turns. I'm used to holding with my let hand and touching the left margin to advance the page and the right margin to go to the previous. A bit backwards perhaps but I find it comfy.

Are there any patches for doing this? I have searched but came up empty-handed.

TIA
There is not a patch or hack. You can still comfortably read with your left hand. Only a very thin strip on the left hand side goes to the previous page - you can reach past that and tap to go to next page (a little bit farther than the thickness of the black bezel). Alternatively you can always swipe - right to left forward, left to right backward. Swiping works even on the topmost part of the screen where a tap would open up the menu. Swiping works with very short swipes (e.g. half inch).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert