Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
encapuchado
Banned
encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Sony Touch (650)
Sony apps?

I just got a PRS 650 (my first e-reader) and while exploring it I found a tab labelled "Apps". Thus, my first question is if there are Sony apps.

I googled and couldn't find any SDK from Sony. Then my second question is if and how one can program this thing.

Any advice or link is appreciated.

Thanks
encapuchado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Based on the 900 that I have, the only apps are what's presently installed on the device (pictures, handwriting, text memo, audio, dictionary). There are no additional apps that can be installed.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
encapuchado
Banned
encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encapuchado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Sony Touch (650)
I've seen some thread where flashing the firmware is implied. I don't want to brick my beauty e-ereader But I don't understand why Sony doesn't release a SDK.
encapuchado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Sony Reader Dev Corner... top of this forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by encapuchado View Post
I just got a PRS 650 (my first e-reader) and while exploring it I found a tab labelled "Apps". Thus, my first question is if there are Sony apps.

I googled and couldn't find any SDK from Sony. Then my second question is if and how one can program this thing.

Any advice or link is appreciated.

Thanks
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I used to use a Handspring Visor PDA as my ebook reader, carried it everywhere I went. I also used the "memo pad" and the calculator on it, and missed those when I switched over to the PRS-300. Now that I have a 350, I have a notepad again, but still no calculator. I wish I could get a calculator applet on the 350. (Also very nice would be something like this.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert