Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Calibre is making me work!

I used to use a plug in to free up the books I bought from Amazon. After 2.5 that didn't work anymore. So I started using skindle. A little more work, but what the heck. A week or so ago, Calibre stopped recognizing the book when I imported it. After using skindle, the book retains the giberish title it has in k4pc. Calibre used to find the real title and author, but now it imports the book with the giberish title. If you do more than one at a time, that can be a bit of work. Was something changed in the most recent upgrades to Calibre, and can it be changed back?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I used to use a plug in to free up the books I bought from Amazon. After 2.5 that didn't work anymore. So I started using skindle. A little more work, but what the heck. A week or so ago, Calibre stopped recognizing the book when I imported it. After using skindle, the book retains the giberish title it has in k4pc. Calibre used to find the real title and author, but now it imports the book with the giberish title. If you do more than one at a time, that can be a bit of work. Was something changed in the most recent upgrades to Calibre, and can it be changed back?
I haven't experienced this...though I don't use skindle all that much (I still have a Kindle 1 on my account, so mobidedrm still works fine with books downloaded for that device).

Just tried it on one of my recent purchases -- no gibberish in the metadata on Kindle for PC or when imported into Calibre after "skindling."
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah. I wonder if because you still have a K1 registered to your account, it isn't using the new encryption?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom;
Ah. I wonder if because you still have a K1 registered to your account, it isn't using the new encryption?
The kindle 1 didn't get a firmware change, so it won't recognize the new system of drm. Hence, any book sownloaded for the kindle 1 still has the ols-style encryption.

Sorry, my kindle 1 isn't for sale.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Calibre used to find the real title and author, but now it imports the book with the giberish title. If you do more than one at a time, that can be a bit of work. Was something changed in the most recent upgrades to Calibre, and can it be changed back?
You don't have read metadata from filename checked under Preferences - Add/Save - Adding books tab, do you?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You don't have read metadata from filename checked under Preferences - Add/Save - Adding books tab, do you?
Karma for you!!!!