Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Steve B
Steve B began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Greeting from So Cal

Greetings!
I'm new to the e-reader world and just learning the ropes.
I guess I just want to vent about Sony Ebookstore.
It is driving me crazy!
Last three purchases have been problematic.
In the latest case, I purchased one book and another is downloaded to my computer. Support offers no meaningful help. The online chat "analyst" cannot help. 1-877 number has 30 minute waiting times to talk with someone (who generally cannot solve the problem.)
I'm disappointed. I really expected more from Sony.
I hope this is not indicative of the general state of things with the ebooks. If it is I'll go back to paperback!
Steve B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to MR Steve!

Sorry about your issues with Sony. I've not had any problems, but have only purchased a few books there.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You have the 505, and it is an awsome machine. Skip the Sony store. You can get books everywhere! Anything in ePub format will make you happy. Try Fictionwise, bookviewcafe dot com, and your public library. Also, thousands of free books here, near the top of this page, the blue bar, click on ebooks.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Steve.

It is most certainly NOT indicative of ebook experience.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Steve and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert