Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
ohreally
ohreally began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Refurbished Reader Pocket Edition (PRS300SCRB)
ebooks showing up blank.

Hi, I recently bought a Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS300SCRB) online added most of my ebook library to the device, and while the book I'm currently reading shows up fine, I went to open another book and after a few pages it started showing blank ones. I deleted it and resent it to the reader but had the same problem. When I open the file on my computer it's fine, the entire thing is there. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
ohreally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
Hi, I recently bought a Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS300SCRB) online added most of my ebook library to the device, and while the book I'm currently reading shows up fine, I went to open another book and after a few pages it started showing blank ones. I deleted it and resent it to the reader but had the same problem. When I open the file on my computer it's fine, the entire thing is there. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
Use calibre to do a ePub to ePub conversion. The ADE renderer needs the internal html of ePubs to be in manageable chunks of code 300k in size or less. Many ePubs from PG come with one large html file inside the ePub. The results are what you are experiencing.

By doing a ePub to ePub conversion with calibre the internal html gets split up into manageable chunks of 260k or less.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
ohreally
ohreally began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Refurbished Reader Pocket Edition (PRS300SCRB)
thanks, that worked!
ohreally is offline   Reply With Quote