Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
sanarita
sanarita began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
calibre barely works

I have version 7.13, running on Windows 7, 64 bit, and the program will barely work. It freezes up every few minutes, and about 3/4 of the buttons and tabs will not click. I have to keep opening and closing the program to do things like select different books. I have looked at the FAQ, the manual, and the videos, but there is not much in the way of trouble-shooting tips.

I am a newbie, and I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section. I would really like to use the program!! Help!!
sanarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanarita View Post
I have version 7.13, running on Windows 7, 64 bit, and the program will barely work. It freezes up every few minutes, and about 3/4 of the buttons and tabs will not click. I have to keep opening and closing the program to do things like select different books. I have looked at the FAQ, the manual, and the videos, but there is not much in the way of trouble-shooting tips.

I am a newbie, and I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section. I would really like to use the program!! Help!!
If you don't have it, download Process explorer from the Microsoft support site, way more info than task manager.
This will give you a clue to what is happening. It could be something is hogging your CPU. You may see something, like Anti-virus is running really hard....
7.13 runs well on XP (32 bit), but versions do have their own issues. You are the first W7 user to raise their hand on this one
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanarita View Post
I'm running Calibre on Windows 7 64-bit also and not having any problems with it. You could try running the program as Administrator and running in Windows XP compatabiliy mode, that may help.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Please go to the other thread to answer this question.

For whatever reason the original poster asked this question twice. Now people are answering the exact same question from the exact user in two different threads.

Please go to the other thread to answer this question.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote