Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #16
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
Oh my gosh, that's brilliant!
I've never done it before, mind you, but Blossom said you can do this with the epubmerge plugin in Calibre.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #17
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Thanks for that info. I read lots of series and it would be great just to have the one book cover showing for each and, even better, having all the books in order without having to look up which one comes next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I've never done it before, mind you, but Blossom said you can do this with the epubmerge plugin in Calibre.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
On a PW won't that screw up the "time remaining in book" figure?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
Thanks for that info. I read lots of series and it would be great just to have the one book cover showing for each and, even better, having all the books in order without having to look up which one comes next.
Same here, I read a lot of series, and get confused about the reading order. You think publishers could add a friggin installment number to the book covers?!?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
On a PW won't that screw up the "time remaining in book" figure?
That's a good question. I think it would still work.
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #21
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Same here, I read a lot of series, and get confused about the reading order. You think publishers could add a friggin installment number to the book covers?!?
It's very easy to do with Photoshop.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Why don't you add it yourself with a Calibre plugboard?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:58 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
That's a good question. I think it would still work.
It'll still work, certainly, but it'll show you the time remaining in the whole volume, rather than the individual book you're reading.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #24
Ganfas
Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ganfas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why don't you add it yourself with a Calibre plugboard?
I've done this a few time ago and it's perfect. Now i have like "1. Game of Thrones" "2. A clash of Kings" etc.

It's easy to know what book comes first.
Ganfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
It's very easy to do with Photoshop.
Quote:
You can also use the Generate Cover plugin to make a cover for your Omnibus. On that cover using the plugin you can easily add the series or numbers. So in the cover view of the PW or KF you can see what the book is. I love this plugin! It is very customizable. You change what info for it to add like Title, Author, Series and the fonts or font sizes, add image, add border....etc. No Photoshop needed.

Attached is the example of the cover I made with the plugin for the Plum ebooks I am slowly buying.

This is a KF8 book because I didn't want to lose formatting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	102140  

Last edited by Blossom; 02-28-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #26
xendula
eBookworm

Many good points in the posts above - I have a lot to learn about the different plugins!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #27
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I do the opposite...I use epub split to divide anthologies and omnibuses. One time I did put some things together, but generally I like my files smaller. Using the plugboards, I always know what number in a series something is. I don't usually use cover view, because I want to see the series name and #.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I do the opposite...I use epub split to divide anthologies and omnibuses. One time I did put some things together, but generally I like my files smaller. Using the plugboards, I always know what number in a series something is. I don't usually use cover view, because I want to see the series name and #.
I use the cover view. I can long press on a book and see the series info. I also split all my bundles. I just split 4 box sets for 16 books with the plugin that took less than an hour to do. I love that plugin!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I split bundles, too.

I just tried adding 3 books together and it was not pleasant. Lots of extras to remove, and then somehow the sections got jumbled out of order....I just deleted it LOL

I would use cover view more often if the collection cover could be modified.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #30
xendula
eBookworm

If the installment number is correct in the metadata, will epubmerge not merge them in the correct order?