Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
CiaraG
Enthusiast
CiaraG began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Opus won't open books!!!

Have the Opus about a month now and in general I like it. It does keep hanging on me in the middle of a book and having to take the back cover off to reset every time is annoying, but hey, I'll live with it.

Up until this evening it was fine and I've bought & transferred numerous books with no problems. Just bought 4 books today from BOB - 2 epub & 2 ade. Downloaded & transferred in the usual way via ADE. It won't open these 4 books, nor any books I've previously purchased. Just get 'Error while opening this document' message. It will however open any of the books that came with it. Can't figure it out.

Deleted all the files and replaced with copy of originals that I'd made when I bought it first (Learned my lesson with the Gen3!), but this hasn't solved it. Still have same problem.

Any ideas???

Thanks.
Ciara.
CiaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The books that came with the Opus probably do not have any DRM.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
CiaraG
Enthusiast

Figured as much Tommy. The mystery now is why has it gone from opening the evil DRM books I've bought, to not opening them!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
That's weird. i have no idea who adobe drm auth works actually.
Ade (on pc), can authenticate the opus. Maybe you need to (re)do this. and re-transfer your files.
if need be, you can google for inept drm, and get rid of the drm

Quote:
The books that came with the Opus probably do not have any DRM.
Nope, i don't think they do. They're feedbook's ePubs.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The Books that come with the Cybook doesn't come with DRM.

When you plug you Cybook, what does say ADE?

If you want to "reset" the DRM on the device, remove the .digital-edition folder on the root of the device (it may be hidden) and then relaunch ADE and reauthorize your device
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It does sound like an ADE-authorisation issue, I agree.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #7
CiaraG
Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice guys. Will re-authorize and see if that works as soon as I can get my Mac to recognize the damn Opus. It doesn't seem to like it anymore! Had this problem every now and then with the Gen3, but just using a different port seemed to solve that problem. Not in this case - this is getting ridiculous!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
CiaraG
Enthusiast

Well, unfortunately that didn't work. Re-authorized - didn't work. Got rid of all files and put back on originals, re-authorized and it still doesn't work.

And the only way I can now get my Mac to recognize the Opus is to re-start the Mac while the Opus is connected to the USB port. It's not my ports because the Mac has no problem recognizing the Gen3.

Emailed Bookeen when this all occurred and apart from a couple of questions which I answered I have heard nothing since. Aarrghh!

Ciara
Old 10-29-2009, 04:15 AM   #9
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

ClaraG: do you know how to use the Terminal on Mac OS X?

You should try this:

Open Terminal.app
type

Code:
cd "/Volumes/Cybook\ Opus"
then

Code:
rm -Rf .adobe-digital-editions
Now, quit Terminal, eject and unplug your Opus, and reboot it. Then the next time you will plug you Opus with ADE started, it will ask you for authorize the device. If this does not work I don't know what can happen...
Old 11-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
CiaraG
Enthusiast

Thanks for that Godzil. I tried, but it still doesn't work. I've now reauthorized the Opus 5 times. And yet again, my Mac won't recognize the Opus at all unless I re-start the Mac while the Opus is connected. Does appear to be a problem with the Opus and not my Mac - when you go to System Profiler you can clearly see the Opus. Also, anything else I connect is recognized by the Mac with no problems.

A week has gone by and I've nothing from Bookeen. Emailing them now to request an RA and a replacement.

Ciara.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Could the memory be corrupt?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:13 AM   #12
Godzil

I doubt that memory corruption will only have this impact
Old 12-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
ianw
Ebook Veteran, eh what???
ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.ianw is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Opus, Iphone,Ipad
Did you get anywhere with this? Bought my two children bookeen opus's (available in a sale)

Several epub books it opens' fine.

However many more it doesn't.

These epub files open fine with ade and calibre, but with the opus, I get the

Error while opening this document:

message.

I can reformat them in calibre if needed, any ideas what I need to change, any ideas how I get the "properties" of the file, to see if there is anything different between the ones that work and dont?
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Are the books you can't open drm protected?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you "authorised" your Opus with ADE? This does sound as though the Opus is not registered to the correct ADE account for the books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote