Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Primarily because the cost to me in time/energy/hassle is nil. I'd already written off the phone,
Definitely, I would do this even if I could get more on ebay, and back in the days when all cell phones were expensive, I did use one these, but since then, I just haven't found a program that would take anything I had to give.
I didn't notice yet if Amazon's details were out.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Definitely, I would do this even if I could get more on ebay, and back in the days when all cell phones were expensive, I did use one these, but since then, I just haven't found a program that would take anything I had to give.
I didn't notice yet if Amazon's details were out.
They appear to be out and offering decent values. Link here
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
Eight days ago I sent in a 1st gen iPad that I'd bought at Bestbuy last summer (64GB, wifi, $700 new). I'd claimed the condition as "Good". Amazon listed a trade-in value at $290, but I specified that if they thought the condition was worse, not to return it, just give me a lesser amount (thereby setting myself up for a good screwing).

Just got an email from Amazon this morning. After inspection, they had increased the valuation to "Like New" and gave me $340 for it.

Kudos to Amazon.
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsquash View Post
Eight days ago I sent in a 1st gen iPad that I'd bought at Bestbuy last summer (64GB, wifi, $700 new). I'd claimed the condition as "Good". Amazon listed a trade-in value at $290, but I specified that if they thought the condition was worse, not to return it, just give me a lesser amount (thereby setting myself up for a good screwing).

Just got an email from Amazon this morning. After inspection, they had increased the valuation to "Like New" and gave me $340 for it.

Kudos to Amazon.
That's good to hear, mrsmash. And in line with what others have said. I don't often have anything that they will take, but this locked iPhone 3G is headed their way as soon as I know I'll be back in the states for something.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #20
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsquash View Post

Kudos to Amazon.
It's going to be one of those days... I read that as 1st gen "iPod," not iPad. And as I read it, I kept thinking "Holy crap, man. Those things held their value well, didn't they? It took a couple more reads to see that it was for the tablet, not the first run of their music player.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
douglasbader
douglasbader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybo View Post
We got $171 for two iPhone 3g s from gazelle.com. That was using a 10% bump up offer I got off a podcast. They take lots of electronic items, and will recycle them even if they can't give you much money.
I hate to be a thorn in the side, but to you mean the regular iPhone 3G and not the 3GS?

It would have to be the 3G as the 3GS hasn't even been out 2 years yet.
douglasbader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:31 AM   #22
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i'm tempted to trade in my old, old ipod...i could ask my uncle to trade it in for me since he's in the US, but i feel shy because he gave it to me when i was in high school xP
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote