Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Angelstark
Angelstark began at the beginning.

Device: Nookcolor
Question NOOKcolor pdf's

Hi, just wonder if i can get help with something.
Is there anyway to get my PDF files to show the cover on my NOOKcolor. When I put them into the device, all i get is that gray cover with the little NOOK symbol. I used Calibre and it should have a color on the file, but it still doesnt show up. Any help? Are there certain setting I need if i have to convert it?

Also, just out of curiosity, is there any way to make a PDF into a NOOKMagazine (emagazine with all those frills)? What the file format for that?

Thank in Advance.
Angelstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Welcome to MobileRead, Angelstark! Unfortunately, I don't think that anybody has discovered a way to get covers for PDF's. Same for books with DRM that came from other sources like Sony or Kobo. I've read on another forum that BN is looking to fix this problem on a future update. You can make the covers show for non-DRM EPUB files, although sometimes it requires a calibre conversion. There is a long thread here with several tips on how to do that.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107318

In regards to your second question, I do not think it is possible to turn your PDF into the same formatting that a NOOKMagazine does. That would be cool though!

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 12-13-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
Angelstark
Angelstark began at the beginning.

Device: Nookcolor
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
Angelstark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magazine, nook, nookcolor, nookmagazine, pdf