Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #871
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
From that FCC filing it looks very likely that the planned feature of page turns by tapping or swiping the back surface was why Kobo got rid of the soft quilted back and went to smooth plastic on the Aura. Now it starts to make more sense. But we ended up with the design compromise without the feature!.
With Kobo, you never really know if there will be a change in features. Who knows what we may have going on with the Aura in six months?

That's part of the love-hate thing we see happening so often. We love it when the features that are added are something we like, when they aren't , well, we all know what happens on MR then .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #872
glezmen
glezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
I'm having the same problem, but only with side loaded books I've put in there the past 2 1/2 weeks. Older books I have there the cover no problem. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the Kobo or Calibre. Anyone know how to tell the difference?

It's almost like the problem I was having before and when I'm in my library it's very slow to turn the page and the covers aren't there and take a while to load. It can take 5-10 seconds to turn a page, but like with the covers only with the new books I've side-loaded, older books are perfect with no delay in turning a page.
hm, i had a Calibre update a few days ago, maybe something was changed in the kobo plugin or something?
glezmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #873
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by glezmen View Post
hm, i had a Calibre update a few days ago, maybe something was changed in the kobo plugin or something?
It started a little longer ago for me when I got the newest Calibre, if I'm not mistaken they have a update every friday. But I think the problems started when I got the newest kobo update not too long ago.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #874
glezmen
glezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankindglezmen has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Quote:
It started a little longer ago for me when I got the newest Calibre, if I'm not mistaken they have a update every friday. But I think the problems started when I got the newest kobo update not too long ago.

That was it! If you go to the Kobo plugin settings, there's an option for sending the cover, which was unchecked by default. I checked it, resent a book, and voila, cover is there in the Sleep mode!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #875
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That was it! If you go to the Kobo plugin settings, there's an option for sending the cover, which was unchecked by default. I checked it, resent a book, and voila, cover is there in the Sleep mode!
I did that before when I was having the similar problem before. But the problem came up again, but I'm very glad it worked for you.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #876
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I did that before when I was having the similar problem before. But the problem came up again, but I'm very glad it worked for you.
And are you putting books on the SD card or main memory? FW2.5.2 has a bug where it won't display a cover in sleep if the sideloaded book is on the SD card.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #877
Bittybye
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And are you putting books on the SD card or main memory? FW2.5.2 has a bug where it won't display a cover in sleep if the sideloaded book is on the SD card.
SD card. Thank goodness it's just a bug, hopefully they will have it the problem straightened out next firmware update.

Thank you.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #878
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Does this problem result from sideloaded kepubs to the SD card? I have epubs all sideloaded (via Calibre) to the SD card and have not experienced this problem.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #879
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Does this problem result from sideloaded kepubs to the SD card? I have epubs all sideloaded (via Calibre) to the SD card and have not experienced this problem.
From memory, it happens for all sideloaded books on the SD card if the covers haven't been generated. If you use calibre to send the covers with the book, it avoids the problem. If you let the device generate them, the cover isn't used for sleep.

I'm not running FW2.5.2 at the moment, so I can't check. But, I do know it has been fixed for the next firmware release.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #880
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
From memory, it happens for all sideloaded books on the SD card if the covers haven't been generated. If you use calibre to send the covers with the book, it avoids the problem. If you let the device generate them, the cover isn't used for sleep.

I'm not running FW2.5.2 at the moment, so I can't check. But, I do know it has been fixed for the next firmware release.
Ah, that is the difference. I am indeed using Calibre to send covers (using both 2.5.1 and 2.5.2).
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #881
glezmen

with the 'send cover' option in the plugin settings checked, I now have the covers in sleep mode for both internal and SD card books

But now I have an other problem: on the home screen I can't see the book last read, only the book before the last. I guess I removed the 'last book' tile, but I can't figure out how to restore it
Old 06-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #882
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
But now I have an other problem: on the home screen I can't see the book last read, only the book before the last. I guess I removed the 'last book' tile, but I can't figure out how to restore it
Doesn't opening the book from the library list bring the tile back?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #883
glezmen

Quote:
Doesn't opening the book from the library list bring the tile back?
Hm, it's strange. Apparently the last book tile IS working, but that certain book I'm reading now doesn't appear on it. I can open any book and it's shown, except this one (which is BTW, a Calibre-converted KEPUB)
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #884
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hm, it's strange. Apparently the last book tile IS working, but that certain book I'm reading now doesn't appear on it. I can open any book and it's shown, except this one (which is BTW, a Calibre-converted KEPUB)
And the missing book is on the SD card? It is a known bug. And sideloaded kepubs on the SD card do not appear as a tile on the home screen. Kobo know about it and it will probably be fixed in the next firmware version.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #885
glezmen

Quote:
And the missing book is on the SD card? It is a known bug. And sideloaded kepubs on the SD card do not appear as a tile on the home screen. Kobo know about it and it will probably be fixed in the next firmware version.
Ahh, now i understand, thanks! Is there any available info about the new firmware (bugfixes, new features, release date)?
And something what I already wanted to ask: are the suggestions/requests in the firmware feature request topic considered by Kobo?