Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
manacap
manacap began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
AllFreeShip Leather Case for DR800SG

I went ahead and bought the IREX 800 case at http://www.allfreeship.com/shopexd.asp?id=2903 for $28.99. I love the case, with one issue, and it took about a month to get (2 weeks to get the chinese textile plant to make one, and 2 weeks to ship). It is missing a holder for the pen. I created a duct tape replacement (i've actually created a much better one since I took the picture). There is enough room for the pen (you can see in the pictures), but they forgot to sew in a holder. I like it a lot, so I'm not going to return it. It has a nice feel. It is well built. It fits in the coat pocket of my overcoat. The bottom controls are easily accessible. I will send a note to the owner of AllFreeShip to make sure they include the loop for the pen next time. One minor point, is that the leather does restrict the rocker bar a little. I use my finger nail to page forward. I could also change the settings to page forward in the other direction. That might bother some people, but I'm okay with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0619.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	52764   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0620.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	52765   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	658.0 KB
ID:	52766   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	700.9 KB
ID:	52767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	52768   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0624.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	492.1 KB
ID:	52769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0625.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	452.2 KB
ID:	52770   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0626.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	534.8 KB
ID:	52771   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0627.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	899.4 KB
ID:	52772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0628.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	676.8 KB
ID:	52773   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0629.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	52774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	52775  
manacap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Thanks for posting manacap, it certainly looks neat.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
Out of stock
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
The situation with the lack of covers is totally surreal.
Like loo said, out of stock!

The design is brilliant though - I wish they'd make this in
brown leather, pale leather or pink... pleaaaaaaaaase!!!

martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
manacap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
Out of stock
I guarantee you that this guy will be out of stock. Essentially, it is hand-made from the factory once you order it. They use Paypal, and the guy does seem to be honest. They are out of Shanghai. Not sure if sweat shops are used -- I try not to think about that.
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Well if they are handmade that opens an interesting possibility:

Do you think he can make it in another shade/colour of leather? I don't like black leather for things like this...

Oh and one more thing Manacap; aren't the pockets in the pic above UPSIDE DOWN in your cover?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
manacap

Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Well if they are handmade that opens an interesting possibility:

Do you think he can make it in another shade/colour of leather? I don't like black leather for things like this...

Oh and one more thing Manacap; aren't the pockets in the pic above UPSIDE DOWN in your cover?
No, the pockets open above. They have two funny additional small-sized business card holders with a small opening on the bottom to push the card up. The top holder holds a standard sized business card, but it is very tight and probably better for identification (only one card) and not holding your cards. The e-reader slides in from the top as well.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
manacap

I do have his e-mail, and he may be able to get a different color. His name is Bruce (must be the english variant). [e-mail address edited out] You can contact him through the e-mail link on the website.

Last edited by manacap; 06-05-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #9
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Thanks!
Can you explain one more thing, please? How did you go about ordering from this guy?

Did you just place the order and pay even though the item is listed as out of stock, or what did you do?

Do you think he'd make the same cover for me in pale leather if I asked him?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
manacap

I made the order through the internet. He e-mailed back to say they were out of stock and it would take 12 days. He offered to help refund the money if that was unacceptable. We ended up in quite a dialog about how he could improve his site. In the end I re-wrote his page to correct the English.

I would send him an e-mail and ask if you could get a different color and then make the order on-line through paypal. I believe paypal gives you 30 days to get get your money back. It will probably take a few days to get a reply since it is the weekend.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Ok - I will place an order with him.

Thanks for posting the email but actually, you should probably edit it or something, else it will be picked up by spamming bots and he will have to stop using. it.

It seems like it's best to stick with easy English when writing to him to avoid misunderstandings (English isn't my native lang either.. I still remember how hard it was to learn --- you were very kind to help this Chinese guy! Your feedback worked miracles, the site is very slick.)

I'll let you all know how it goes!

Last edited by martienne; 06-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
I will buy this if he improves it by putting a pen holder into it.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
manacap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
I will buy this if he improves it by putting a pen holder into it.
It actually was supposed to have a pen holder (original PhotoShop'ed-picture does). I sent him an e-mail that people will want the pen holder, so he has to make sure that the factory puts than on it. I will send another note just to remind him.

I added my own holder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0003.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	707.9 KB
ID:	52880  
Old 06-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #14
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by manacap View Post
It actually was supposed to have a pen holder (original PhotoShop'ed-picture does). I sent him an e-mail that people will want the pen holder, so he has to make sure that the factory puts than on it. I will send another note just to remind him.

I added my own holder.

Since IREX has filed for bankruptcy, the maker of cases may not be interested any more??
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #15
manacap

This thread has more pictures of the holder i bought. Sorry, I don't know how to reference the thread.

Tags
case, dr800sg, leather