Read the entire series from start to finish. 60 38.71%
Read until fed up, read another book, and return. 52 33.55%
Read one book from series, then another, and return. 33 21.29%
Read two or more series at once. 10 6.45%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #91
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Huh; can't you just click View Poll Results?

If not, how do I make them visible?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Huh; can't you just click View Poll Results?

If not, how do I make them visible?
The poll was made hidden. So unless it has an ending date/time (which it doesn't), you can's see it. It's gone for good.

Time to start a new multiple choice open poll in a brand new thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #93
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Now, I have a question for the other members of this forum. What is the longest series you have ever read or attempted to read? Exclude graphic novels and comic books.
My longest series is the In Death books by JD Robb/Nora Roberts (futuristic police procedurals) - I eat them like candy, both in paper, e-format, and audio.

The next longest series may well have been the Virgin River books, by Robyn Carr - I read all 17 of them at once, but they're both slight books and have fairly meaty plots and good characterization. I don't know whether I'll look for the next book in that series, though.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #94
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The poll was made hidden. So unless it has an ending date/time (which it doesn't), you can's see it. It's gone for good.

Time to start a new multiple choice open poll in a brand new thread.
Oops Never created a poll in this forum

I'll make a screenshot and post it. Also I'll think about a new poll. Any suggetions?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Would you like me to make the poll "open" for you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #96
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

If you can, then make it show the results

You can leave it so that people can still vote, if you want to.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #97
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Done (I hope). Does it look OK to you? As a mod, I can see "closed" polls, so I can't tell .
Old 02-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #98
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Yes, Harry. It's visible now.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #99
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Great!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #100
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Thank you. It was keeping me up nights wondering what the poll results were.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #101
ragnevi
ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook 622, iPad 3 and Galaxy Note 2
I am not a fan of series at all. I've read several of Anne Rice's books, but after a while it feels like she isn't devoloping the characters and she just wrote them for the publisher offered her more money. The first three books in the Vampire Chronicles are really good, but the others are in best case mediocre or really bad.

Another example, I loved the book Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, but the second book The Lost World where horrible bad and it felt he only wrote it because Spielberg had made a movie that had been a great success. (One of his best is Sphere, but skip the movie in that case cause it sucks big time.)
ragnevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #102
tdmsu
Enthusiast
tdmsu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
Usually, when I like a book that is in a series, I'll go back and read the series from the beginning, and then try to find more by that author.

I re-read less often, though. The exception has been LOTR, which I've read several times, just because I love the characters and the setting, and the movies, too.

When I come across a new author I like, I'll try to read as much of their work as possible - my wife got me started reading Stephanie Myers with the Twilight series, but I went on to The Host, and she didn't. (spoiler: The Host is better!)

I just started reading A Wild Sheep Chase by Murakami, and I really like it... so I'll read more of his work, even though I don't think he writes in series... I could be wrong.
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #103
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I'm still shivering from the shock I got all those years ago when I devoured first 8-10 WoT books and discovered that next one is not even written! You'd think I'd be smarter in the future, but the same thing happened with Song of Ice and Fire. LOL.

Now I made the rule to not touch anything epic unless it's finished, there's enough other reading material. Some (urban fantasy) series have smaller cast and books are more stand-alone.

But, I usually don't put down the series until I've finished all that's available.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #104
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I do not mind reading an unfinished series. I might never get to read it otherwise. I could die, the author could die, the publisher could go bankrupt and probably other things as well.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Done (I hope). Does it look OK to you? As a mod, I can see "closed" polls, so I can't tell .
Mind making it multiple choice as not just one of the answers is always the only answer?

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote