Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #436
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
I will go to the Astak website and check on this omission. Which website was it: www.theEZreader.com or www.astak.com??

Do NOT worry. The USB cable does come with the unit!!
Hi. Here is the link. At the bottom of the page is the package contents.

http://www.astak.com/product.asp?serial=05EZWHT
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #437
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Dear Griffonwing:

Oh God, please, NO!! You pouting for two weeks means a dark cloud cast on a very FUN time. Last minute changes are being made by the factory. They are planning to have a choice where you can set the scrool wheel to advance pages OR adjust the music volume, for example!!

Try painting yourself in slate blue and attending a Razorback's football game!!
Not a sports fan, here. When asked about sports, my answer is:

If the Dodgers and the Lakers played the Rose Bowl, who would win the Stanley Cup?
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #438
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thank you for the link!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Hi. Here is the link. At the bottom of the page is the package contents.

http://www.astak.com/product.asp?serial=05EZWHT
Dear GA Russell:

I see it and I apologize. My people should be more careful!!

I am seeing to it that they get this USB cable added!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #439
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

YouTube Video

Quote:
That's great news!

Robert, I hope that when they are available you or one of your colleagues will post a YouTube video about it.
Dear GA Russell:

Yes. As soon as we can get one done we will do a video on the Pocket PRO first!

This has been one of those things we meant to do three months ago (doing a YouTube Video) and nobody here is an expert and three meetings yielded no real movement and it got sidetracked.

Now we have a FLIP camera that should shoot the video and automatically post it on YouTube. ONCE we do the first one there will be a lot of them, I assure you!

People will be posting saying: "Saw your stupid video on YouTube and you look ugly. Go away!"
Old 08-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #440
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ONCE we do the first one there will be a lot of them, I assure you!

People will be posting saying: "Saw your stupid video on YouTube and you look ugly. Go away!"
Oh, Bob, they don't need a new PEZ video for that. All they have to do is watch your interview videos.
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #441
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Too funny!

I mention YouTube because I was very impressed by a jetBook video made by a young customer who wanted to be the first to post a jetBook video. The video is not a work of art, but it shows the jetBook's display in clear detail, and the fellow (his face is never seen, the camera remains on the jetBook in his hands) calmly explains why he is pleased with his purchase.

I'm sure that Astak would benefit from a similar video!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #442
Robertb

Be careful, I have the video!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Oh, Bob, they don't need a new PEZ video for that. All they have to do is watch your interview videos.
Dear Griffonwing:

ARGHHH!! I have the video of you getting beaten up by your parrot. It would not be pretty if I sent that to YouTube. That parrot kicked the hell out of you and stole your wallet to boot!

I also have a suspicious shot of you with your girlfriend playing with a camera!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boygirlcamera01.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	34557  
Old 08-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #443
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

I resent that!

I do NOT own a Hawaiian tanktop!!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #444
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Dear GA Russell:

I see it and I apologize. My people should be more careful!!

I am seeing to it that they get this USB cable added!!
Robert, come to think of it, I now realize that the Astak website does not mention that you will include a screwdriver as well.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #445
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks Robert (and Alex too)!

Thank you Robert for all your information and work on the Pocket Pro. I pre-ordered a maroon one about a week ago (its for my brithday on October 3rd so I hope it gets here in time, I also hope I didn't wait too long so I can get one of the first maroon ones) and its a BIG step for me. I don't normally buy brand new, untried products. I'm still in love with my eBookwise (keeping for couch reading, there's nothing having the power go off (which it often does here on the Georgia coast during violent storms), continue to read with my backlighting, and hearing the disembodied voice of my husband saying "I hate you".) I even have an old eBookman which despite its mechanical issues, I liked because it seemed to be the perfect size (4" screen) for traveling (Pocket Pro will replace it).

I am excited and nervous over this purchase (thanks to Alex to creating this forum, because I'm probably going to have stupid questions when I get my new baby), my husband had been promising me a Kindle for Christmas (isn't he sweet?), but I have been holding back because even though I love Amazon for its pbooks, music, and other stuff, the way they have handled ebooks has been depressing. As a museum person who handles archival material, I can say the biggest fear is for our future digital archives. There have already been cases where tons of research has been lost, not because it doesn't exist, but because there is no way to access the information (ie. boxes of punch cards with a decade of dolphin studies on them). Digital migration is a growing problem. Anyway off my soap box...I'm putting my money where my mouth is and supporting the device with the most formats and no DRM.

So thank you Robert for your work, for listening to our ideas, and for putting up with some abuse that you have received!
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #446
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJS1977 View Post
Hello,

My last question is that since the Ez reader doesn't have a backlight what are some options for me to purchase a light so I can read in dark areas like the car?
Go to forums and search for a specific light (either Mighty Bright or Verilux will work) and you will come up with threads discussing many alternatives.

No doubt Robertb over enthuses now and again, but he was right-on about the quality of Astak's customer service.

Contacting support on two separate occasions recently I found them not only prompt, helpful/competent but, unexpectedly to me, courteous. I say them when my contact was the famous Ruby. Maybe she is a one person department! If my PPro is as touted I shouldn't be bothering support another time.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #447
Robertb

Includes a screwdriver

Quote:
Robert, come to think of it, I now realize that the Astak website does not mention that you will include a screwdriver as well.
Dear GA Russell:

No, we purposely left off the bit about including a screwdriver. The screwdriver works well and all...but it is tiny... but if you list it you will get people demanding that they get a better full-size screwdriver or "the screwdriver is a joke" or something else. It is amazing but where free things are included, the public has this nasty way of insisting on more. If we do not mention it... then they are surprised and compliment instead.

Otherwise the size of the screwdriver and the quality become an issue!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #448
Robertb

Great Customer Support: Famous Ruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Go to forums and search for a specific light (either Mighty Bright or Verilux will work) and you will come up with threads discussing many alternatives.

No doubt Robertb over enthuses now and again, but he was right-on about the quality of Astak's customer service.

Contacting support on two separate occasions recently I found them not only prompt, helpful/competent but, unexpectedly to me, courteous. I say them when my contact was the famous Ruby. Maybe she is a one person department! If my PPro is as touted I shouldn't be bothering support another time.
Dear CharlieBird:

Oh, boy, does that bring a smile!! I copied your post and sent it to Ruby and to management. Ruby is not the only one in Customer Support; but the other two are more into technical help!

I apreciate your comment very much. When I say "We have good customer service" it means nothing. When you say it... it means everything!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #449
Robertb

Maroon Lagoon ordered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
Thank you Robert for all your information and work on the Pocket Pro. I pre-ordered a maroon one about a week ago (its for my brithday on October 3rd so I hope it gets here in time, I also hope I didn't wait too long so I can get one of the first maroon ones) and its a BIG step for me. I don't normally buy brand new, untried products. I'm still in love with my eBookwise (keeping for couch reading, there's nothing having the power go off (which it often does here on the Georgia coast during violent storms), continue to read with my backlighting, and hearing the disembodied voice of my husband saying "I hate you".) I even have an old eBookman which despite its mechanical issues, I liked because it seemed to be the perfect size (4" screen) for traveling (Pocket Pro will replace it).

I am excited and nervous over this purchase (thanks to Alex to creating this forum, because I'm probably going to have stupid questions when I get my new baby), my husband had been promising me a Kindle for Christmas (isn't he sweet?), but I have been holding back because even though I love Amazon for its pbooks, music, and other stuff, the way they have handled ebooks has been depressing. As a museum person who handles archival material, I can say the biggest fear is for our future digital archives. There have already been cases where tons of research has been lost, not because it doesn't exist, but because there is no way to access the information (ie. boxes of punch cards with a decade of dolphin studies on them). Digital migration is a growing problem. Anyway off my soap box...I'm putting my money where my mouth is and supporting the device with the most formats and no DRM.

So thank you Robert for your work, for listening to our ideas, and for putting up with some abuse that you have received!
Dear spear:

WoW!! Your husband is a lucky man. You are really nice!!

I know your feeling about buying new and untested product with the kinks not worked out! Realize the following:

1. The Pocket PRO is made by the biggest manufacturer of eBook Reader devices in the world.
2. The Pocket PRO in a more full featured and faster version of the EZ Reader Basic. MILLIONS of this other model (under various names) are out and loved around the world. THe Pocket PRO has the same design and the same numerical approach to making a selection. Fundamentally, I expect the Pocket PRO to be more reliable if that is possible.
3. That factory does Beta Testing!! Thousands of this model were used and abused repeatedly before the factory gave release on it.
4. Astak receives samples a good three months before release. We beat them HARD. Every effort is made to cause a glitch by hitting two buttons at once, hitting a button and canceling immediately, and giving the samples to our staff without any instructions! We are expected to blindly try to get the thing to work with no instruction how to do it. ONLY when we are rock certain positive that we will not have any problems do we agree to sell the device!

SO... this is not an untested new concept that cuts every new frontier. ALL the features have been around for quite a while... just never out together in such large variety on a 5 inch device.

I think you will LOVE your new Maroon. The color is in the resin and the finish is Matte... so the color never wears off or will attract fingerprints. I would say that YOU have made a great decision!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #450
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Yes, the battery on the EZ Reader Basic is a Nokia battery and the model is posted on our FAQ sheet at www.theEZreader.com. That is nice because we know you can buy it at $9.99 online at many places.
I was trying to put together a bunch of information about the EZ Reader, and looked at the FAQ, but couldn't find ANYTHING about the battery model (the Nokia for the 6", the LG for the 5"). Could you point to the right place? Or provide the Nokia battery model #? Also, I tried to find the LG battery that's used in the 5", but most of the sites I found wanted you to select the LG PHONE model in order to order the battery, and the writing on the back of the battery that you provided the picture of didn't look like it had anything useful in that regard. How do you find the battery to order? Model #'s, search criteria, etc???

Another item: the EZ Readers come with an AC Adapter. But for those ordering from outside of the US, do they also get the US 110V adapter? Or do they get a country-specific adapter? I know AC Adapters are a MESS for all the different countries!

Thanks!

Everett

Last edited by ekaser; 08-20-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added question about AC Adapter
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote