Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #36301
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just picked up the earphones and the epilator I had ordered. When the shop assistant (in his early 20s I think) got back from getting the order he looked very embarrased he was holding a "ladies product". LOL.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #36302
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Just packed the car. Going on holiday to France tomorrow so an early (4:30am) start to get the Eurotunnel. Nearly bedtime!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #36303
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Just packed the car. Going on holiday to France tomorrow so an early (4:30am) start to get the Eurotunnel. Nearly bedtime!
Have fun!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #36304
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Have fun!
We intend to!

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #36305
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Have a great time. Do you have any special plans?

I'm enjoying a last cup of coffee, as I get ready for work.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #36306
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Have a great time. Do you have any special plans?

I'm enjoying a last cup of coffee, as I get ready for work.
Thanks. We'll be in Honfleur tomorrow night, because there are some great seafood restaurants there. Friday, we'all be in Sarlat and then we have a house for a week near Castre where we plan to swim in the pool, eat good food, drink good wine and generally relax - maybe the odd day trip.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:48 AM   #36307
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Tomorrow my friends are returning from their holiday so today's my last day of house/dog sitting. It's good that they're almost back because I notice that I'm getting irritated by the dog, mostly because of her behaviour when outside (wanting to attack other dogs, cats, birds and scooters) but also because in the house she's very clingy. No, I'm not a dog person, or rather a non-trained dog person.

Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #36308
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Just nothing at all!!
The weather is too hot for anything else but lie along
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #36309
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
Just nothing at all!!
The weather is too hot for anything else but lie along
I hear ya'. Name:  23305_197968819474_1276_q.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  2.7 KB
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #36310
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Beating a dead horse.

Don't ask.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #36311
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Of course minutes after my last post I got a text message telling me that they were arriving home today. So it was a bit of a hectic day; cleaning the last couple of things, packing everything on my bike (which nearly collapsed).

Just now I ordered a refurbished iPod Nano (black), as an early birthday gift for myself and I'm now finding the courage to unpack my stuff.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #36312
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy early Birthday!

Quote:
Thanks. We'll be in Honfleur tomorrow night, because there are some great seafood restaurants there. Friday, we'all be in Sarlat and then we have a house for a week near Castre where we plan to swim in the pool, eat good food, drink good wine and generally relax - maybe the odd day trip.
Sounds like fun and the weather looks to be nice and not too hot until starting next week (from what I saw online).

Our weather has cooled off a bit and it is quite nice this morning, so enjoying coffee out on the patio while reading MR.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:55 AM   #36313
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Happy early Birthday!
Thanks!

I now, however, find myself facing the task of getting all my music into iTunes, sorted correctly and find all the album covers.

I also need to think if I want to buy digital music or stick with cd's.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #36314
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm sitting in the Yamaha dealer's repair shop...
I had a flat tire while going down the road this afternoon. A flat when you have four wheels isn't pleasant, but when you only have two wheels it REALLY isn't pleasant! The bike gets rather unstable... And even though the tire was only flat on one side, I decided to have it fixed. Actually, have it replaced. Where there are just two, I'm want 'em good...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #36315
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Thanks!

I now, however, find myself facing the task of getting all my music into iTunes, sorted correctly and find all the album covers.

I also need to think if I want to buy digital music or stick with cd's.
If you tag them correctly, iTunes should do it for you automatically if you right-click and select "Get Album Artwork".

Hope you like the Nano. I have one in Blue and it's gorgeous. I use it mostly as a pedometer though.

I'm personally buying all those albums I liked, but never bought, at eMusic and Amazon. I would like to keep buying CDs, but I'm 24, and if I ever move, having tons and tons of CDs are going to be a HUGE issue. I already have LPs I have no idea where to put.

Just converted 160 Amazon books in Calibre. My first go at it. Perfect conversion, was SO simple to do. Cover art works perfectly in iBooks on Mavericks!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?