Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
gc2010
gc2010 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Very newbie---PDF or quark to Kindle format

I got drafted by a friend to help a friend of a friend who has written a book that he wants to sell on the Kindle platform.

He's got the book in a PDF format. He says the original was made in Quark?

I realize this may not be the correct forum or place for this question....if it's not please point me in a better direction! :-)

Question: How would we convert that PDF or Quark into a format that will be sellable on the Kindle? Not even sure if I'm asking that right....but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
gc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:28 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2010 View Post
Question: How would we convert that PDF or Quark into a format that will be sellable on the Kindle? Not even sure if I'm asking that right....but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
I suggest you look at the QuarkXpress eBook Export feature. That will give you an ePub that you can feed to Calibre or Kindlegen to get a Kindle Mobi file.

My, QuarkXpress. That does take me back
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote