Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
jimhen
jimhen began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS505
Question Book Covers

New poster here so go easy on me. I've been lurking a while and love the forum (and my Sony PRS 505).

Anyway, my question is about book covers for my downloads. Is there a way to display covers that are 'sexier' than the drab ones that are typically downloaded? Is there a resource to download covers more like the actual published works? It is odd that I can see the actual covers in the thumbnail view in the eBook Library software but not on the Reader.

I look forward to your views.
jimhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhen View Post
New poster here so go easy on me. I've been lurking a while and love the forum (and my Sony PRS 505).

Anyway, my question is about book covers for my downloads. Is there a way to display covers that are 'sexier' than the drab ones that are typically downloaded? Is there a resource to download covers more like the actual published works? It is odd that I can see the actual covers in the thumbnail view in the eBook Library software but not on the Reader.

I look forward to your views.
I don't have a Sony ... but, yes ... there is a way to get nicer covers for your books. You can do it using Calibre. Calibre has a function that, using the ISBN will look up the cover for you. Or you can create any cover you want on your own computer and add that cover in as a part of your metadata.

However, I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that you have to actually convert the book from some other form to lrf before the new metadata will stick.

This is the primary reason I keep hoping that someone (anyone) will fix Calibre so that it does a lrf to prc conversion .... so that I can easily use it to change the metadata on my books for the Kindle.

Oh ... and ps .... if you don't have an ISBN for the book ... just look the book up on Amazon or any other online bookseller by title. Then, use the ISBN of a cover that you like.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert