Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #76
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
bhaak
I committed a simple bugfix. please check it out.

I'd like to show another misbehaviour I found. It is related to Mobi books rendering.
When the Mobi book contains certain elements, such as code snippets, they do not render well.
Maybe it can be tuned up with the mobi.css settings file.
The problem is that there is no such file There are chm.css, epub.css, fb2.css etc.
Here is a screenshot demonstrating the problem I am talking about:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-03-23T22_16_53-0000.gif
Views:	383
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	84390  

Last edited by varnie; 03-23-2012 at 12:36 PM.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #77
looser
looser began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch SO
@Varnie
At https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpReaderLauncher there is no archive, and is simply a folder with 2 files: config.xml, menu.json. If they are copied to the extention/HackedUpReaderLauncher folder , nothing happens.
looser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #78
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

looser
create a folder named HackedUpReaderLauncher into your 'extensions' folder and put these two files there (i.e. into HackedUpReaderLauncher folder).

Are you sure you put HackedUpReader program on your Kindle Touch as well?
This extension's purpose is to launch that program.

I will fix the instructions section on the github page to make it easier to understand, thanks

Last edited by varnie; 03-23-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #79
looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
looser
create a folder named HackedUpReaderLauncher into your 'extensions' folder and put these two files there (i.e. into HackedUpReaderLauncher folder).

Are you sure you put HackedUpReader program on your Kindle Touch as well?
This extension's purpose is to launch that program.

I will fix the instructions section on the github page to make it easier to understand, thanks
Varnie, I make HackedUpReaderLauncher folder, copy 2 files (see screenshot), restart kindle, but nothing changed. At Launcher menu "empty"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	84406  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #80
Tsukasa
Tsukasa began at the beginning.

looser try this https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpRe...zipball/master

or on the download page press button with "ZIP" text in left upper corner

varnie if poeple try "save as..." on the xml & json files on github they get an html page but not a file

write an addon in readme to use ZIP button

PS files on sceenshot have size 29kb - original files -200-300 bytes

Last edited by Tsukasa; 03-23-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #81
looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
looser try this https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpRe...zipball/master

or on the download page press button with "ZIP" text in left upper corner

varnie if poeple try "save as..." on the xml & json files on github they get an html page but not a file

write an addon in readme to use ZIP button

PS files on sceenshot have size 29kb - original files -200-300 bytes
Everything fine, tnx

varnie, Next question. is it possible to make a bookshelf books were not all in one list, and since they are on the disk in subfolders?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #82
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
bhaak
I committed a simple bugfix. please check it out.
Yes, great, that works.

Quote:
I'd like to show another misbehaviour I found. It is related to Mobi books rendering.
When the Mobi book contains certain elements, such as code snippets, they do not render well.
Maybe it can be tuned up with the mobi.css settings file.
The problem is that there is no such file There are chm.css, epub.css, fb2.css etc.
There's no mobi.css file as the text in a Mobi books is a stripped down html. If you look into detectFormat() in crengine/src/pdbfmt.cpp, you'll see that it tries to heuristically detect what format the text in a pdb/mobi book is.

You can see in "About" what format your book really is. But AFAIK a Mobi book should probably get detected as html, so changing the htm.css should work.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #83
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I committed a change that enables support for long presses.

So the bookmark list finally works, yay.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #84
varnie
Connoisseur

Quote:
I have fresh ideas about how to reimplement entering search text in the Search dialog and maybe the others. I will try to do that soon.
done.
now we can just click on a letter in the Search dialogue and it will get entered in the search field. Also I added an ability to change the layout (I mean we can perform a search by English letters or, say, Russian letters). The little symbol "L" in the left bottom corner is used for the layout switching.

Last edited by varnie; 03-24-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #85
varnie
Connoisseur

Could you be more descriptive, please? I mean, what didn't work earlier in the bookmark list?
Old 03-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #86
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Could you be more descriptive, please? I mean, what didn't work earlier in the bookmark list?
You couldn't select a bookmark, you could only set them.

Now if you press a bookmark for more than half a second, the program will jump to the position in the text.

Of course the overall benefit is that you can call now 2 different actions, one with a short (normal) press and one with a longer press.

For example on the main window, a long press will jump 10 pages forward instead of just 1.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #87
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Can you please keep the compiled build up to date? I would like to try out the new features but the zip is pretty old.
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #88
bhaak
Groupie

I packaged a new version of the current HackedUpReader code that includes the Launcher extension.

Download the update package from https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpReader/downloads
Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #89
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
I packaged a new version of the current HackedUpReader code that includes the Launcher extension.

Download the update package from https://github.com/bhaak/HackedUpReader/downloads
This doesn't work for me at all, I don't see it in my launcher. And I think its broken the launcher itself somehow, because I can't get varnies launcher to show up either after installing this.

(I got their launcher to work my removing your one, but it doesn't work with the new version)
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #90
varnie
Connoisseur

I will post a new package soon as well . It works with my launcher extension.

The problem is that we use different approaches to run HackedUpReader.
My launcher extension runs it without any command line arguments, while bhaak's version does it in another way. Therefore if you want to run bhaak's version you need to use his launcher extension (but not mine).

On this moment there are no significant changes between our versions.

Last edited by varnie; 03-27-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons