Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #76
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurstbrot View Post
Has anybody already found a solution for the covers?
Not really. I tried adding my own jpg covers, as you did. Strangely, this worked for about five books out of a few hundred. I have been unable to determine what is unique among those few that worked.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #77
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've only added on book, just to try out side loading, but it's cover shows up just fine without doing anything special. This mobi, just like all of my mobi's was converted from an ePub using Calibre (even books bought as mobi get converted to epub, tweaked, and re-converted to mobi).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 AM   #78
Wurstbrot
Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wurstbrot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 2+3, HTC Legend
Thanks. Good to hear that it works in some cases. So if I have some spare time I'll try different books and different settings for the Calibre conversions. Need some luck then and perhaps I'll find a clue :-)
Wurstbrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #79
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It's irritating, isn't it? My solution was to make friends with someone who had a legit Android phone and was geeky enough to get the apks off.

I have of these apps on my blog:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...e-for-android/
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...ndroid-tablet/
Dear Nate:

Thanks for the kobo and kindle apks - I was having problems finding these apks I could download for a non-andriod market application. I just put them on my newly hacked Pandigital Novel.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #80
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Newer links:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111705
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert