Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
How to sync Touch and Glo?

The Glo is my main ereader, but I would like to keep my Touch in sync with it. However syncing -- using either WiFi or the Kobo Desktop -- does not transfer reading progress or shelf status.

Is there a way to make the Touch (my backup reader) mirror my Glo? I thought I could accomplish this by first syncing the Glo, and then syncing the Touch. But apparently not.

Thanks for any help.
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The sync should handle the reading info. on books bought from Kobo and synced via Kobo Desktop, but not those in ePub format sideoaded by calibre or ADE.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The sync should handle the reading info. on books bought from Kobo and synced via Kobo Desktop, but not those in ePub format sideoaded by calibre or ADE.
It's not working that way for me, Peter.

After I've synced the Glo, and then sync the Touch, new books get transferred and put on the right shelves. But older books, which I've finished on the Glo, are not marked finished on the Touch. (All are bought from Kobo and synced via the desktop.)

I'd hoped this would work the way you can sync a desktop and a laptop computer, with the newest files transferred to each so that each is an up-to-date mirror copy of the other. I'm maybe hoping for too much!
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote