Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-31-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Friday's Question of the week: On Friday 31 Oct 08

If a Llama falls down in the woods and noone is around, does it make a sound?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Yes, of course. Cousin It makes a high pitched squeaking-type noise. Have you never seen the Addams Family?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Yes, of course. Cousin It makes a high pitched squeaking-type noise. Have you never seen the Addams Family?
as a longtime fan of the Addams family, i confirm, he's right about that. but you're both spelling it wrong : it's Cousin Itt.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Last time that happened, I said, "oh, $#!t! i just ripped my new jeans!"
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Yes it sits up swears a bit then spits. I know this because Skwerls in the area hear and have told on it.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Noone. I always trip over that and read it something like noon but with an elitist e appendage. Maybe it's time for a poll. Do you prefer "noone" or "no one"? (sorry for corrupting or attempting to hijack the thread, but it's a well-established MR tradition)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I object to the hijacking of this thread. As everyone knows, we at the Llama, Lama, and Lemma Defense League are very aware of ooh look! cute Kitteh pictures!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Noone. I always trip over that and read it something like noon but with an elitist e appendage. Maybe it's time for a poll. Do you prefer "noone" or "no one"? (sorry for corrupting or attempting to hijack the thread, but it's a well-established MR tradition)
definitely no-one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I object to the hijacking of this thread. As everyone knows, we at the Llama, Lama, and Lemma Defense League are very aware of ooh look! cute Kitteh pictures!
where ? where ??
Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #9
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Llamas don't fall in the woods. Really, you should know better.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
It depends on whether it is stalking Noone or not; and whether it needs help.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
no one or no-one are perfectly acceptable, but Noone is acceptable if you are a hermit ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
as a longtime fan of the Addams family, i confirm, he's right about that. but you're both spelling it wrong : it's Cousin Itt.
Picky, picky, picky. If we all worried about technical and factual accuracy, where would we all be?

Okay; I'll conceed that point.

Anyhow, that leaves me only one way to deal with this...

<coughs, and cues suitably garbed royal buglers, who play a fanfare, segue into the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, get glared at and then segue into something Jazzy and then fading.>

My Lords and Ladies, Gentlefolk, sparkly fairies, creatures great and small, be they furry, feathered or scaled (except evil ninja squirrels) and barcodes, pray silence for the latest honour accorded to our most Royal Queen Zelda, Empress of all that is surveyable, Sovereign of the Lounge, Princess of the Green, Czarina of the Unutterable Silliness, Imperial Ruler of the Meet-Up, the Most Majestic of the Avatars and Defender of the (off) topic.

<and with that a courtier bearing a square red cushion on which sits an item of jewelery approaches the throne, between the dutiful lines of subjects, ambassadors and invited dignities.>

May it please her majesty, we present to her the Pendant of Pedants, the seal of office of the Great High Mistress of the Order of Nit Pickers, Quibblers and Merchants of Accuracy, do so duly request her indulgence and warrant to this august body, beg her grace to allow us to bestow upon her the role of Chancellor of the Convocation of Veracity and do appeal for her acceptance of the role of High Judge of Truth.

<applause, cheers, and further fanfares.>
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Picky, picky, picky. If we all worried about technical and factual accuracy, where would we all be?

Okay; I'll conceed that point.

Anyhow, that leaves me only one way to deal with this...

<coughs, and cues suitably garbed royal buglers, who play a fanfare, segue into the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, get glared at and then segue into something Jazzy and then fading.>

My Lords and Ladies, Gentlefolk, sparkly fairies, creatures great and small, be they furry, feathered or scaled (except evil ninja squirrels) and barcodes, pray silence for the latest honour accorded to our most Royal Queen Zelda, Empress of all that is surveyable, Sovereign of the Lounge, Princess of the Green, Czarina of the Unutterable Silliness, Imperial Ruler of the Meet-Up, the Most Majestic of the Avatars and Defender of the (off) topic.

<and with that a courtier bearing a square red cushion on which sits an item of jewelery approaches the throne, between the dutiful lines of subjects, ambassadors and invited dignities.>

May it please her majesty, we present to her the Pendant of Pedants, the seal of office of the Great High Mistress of the Order of Nit Pickers, Quibblers and Merchants of Accuracy, do so duly request her indulgence and warrant to this august body, beg her grace to allow us to bestow upon her the role of Chancellor of the Convocation of Veracity and do appeal for her acceptance of the role of High Judge of Truth.

<applause, cheers, and further fanfares.>
for the sake of ongoing harmony (and because it's you, lazyscot o' my heart) i'm just going to consider that an honour, and accept it graciously, with the studied surprise of an oscar recipient hearing her name in the audience, and the nonetheless sincere pleasure of being singled out, because i know you know that without me you might still be writing "Cousin It" and that would just be wrong.

(i'd like to thank...)
Old 10-31-2008, 07:59 PM   #14
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
suitably garbed royal buglers,
I seriously need to get my eyes checked. I read that as "suitably garbLed royal buRglers"; and then as just garbled buglers; and then, finally, what it actually says.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:09 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

hm. just what does it require to suitably garble burglars, anyway ? i don't believe anyone has addressed this question satisfactorily.