Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
isalherbo
isalherbo began at the beginning.

Device: sigil
preview vs print preview

I'm am trying Sigil. I just made a simple table, with some pictures in it.
If I look at my page with F10 preview, everything is fine.
But if I look at my page with the ''print preview'' option, nothing is aligned.
The size of my table is not the same, its content is outside the colored cells...
Why?
isalherbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Do you intend to create an ePUB or print it out? If it is the first, don't worry. Print Preview has no value. If it is the latter, there might be an issue.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Tables can be a big problem in epub, unless they are quite narrow, well within the boundary of the screen, or they can get chopped off. A more valid test is to view on your device, or in Adobe Digital Editions in different text sizes. Being a Sony user, I use Sony's Reader Library which displays them quite accurately as to how they will appear in my reader. Also, unless it is being developed for your personal use use only or for a particular device, color backgrounds can cause the text to be unreadable in an e-ink device, of which there are many.

Toxaris is right about print in Sigil. It is something which has not which has been developed much in Sigil. In fact, at one point, the developer talked about taking it out altogether, since Sigil is an epub creation tool, not a printing program. Every time you change text size, the pages change, so printing it out doesn't have so much value.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
isalherbo

Ok thanks. I was wondering if I did something wrong in the code of my table. I don't want to print it, but I thought that if someone wants to later, it will print the way I see it in my printpreview...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
isalherbo

I have downloaded Sony Reader's Library. My document is way to big. Thank you for the Q, I will correct the size of my tables.
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
isalherbo

On that Sony epub reader, the hyperlinks of my document don't work. They work on others epub readers I have tested. Why?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Because they are not supported. They are, as far as I know, also not supported on all ADE based readers.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Because they are not supported. They are, as far as I know, also not supported on all ADE based readers.
It must be an option.
On my PEz the 9 +0 keys (one of the 3 sets of page keys) become the link navigation (shows as a double underline when selected), the Menu (enter) key to choose.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote