Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
kzod
kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW
More Collections problems

Ok, so I set up a collection for an author and stashed all his books in there. Great! I see the collection at the top and then my list of books. But then it went haywire, and I could only see the collection. Made new collections so I could see my other books. But, wasn't happy. Deleted all collections (but notb the books), but still couldn't see any titles even after a restart. A reset alllowed me to see all books again (after sideloading them again) but trying to set up a new collection again just led to no books access again (not even being able to see them to add to collections).

Is this just me? Is it due to sideloading former epub titles converted with calibre? Crappy firmware?
kzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This sounds a lot like this problem (specifically post #13). There doesn't seem to be a solution really, except for finding out which book causes it.

PS: Please either clearly specify in the post which Kindle model you are talking about, or (preferred) simply update your profile with that information. It's important.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You say "more" collections problems. Does that mean you've had problems previously?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
kzod
kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW
Sorry guys, it's a PW. Still new for me, so it was my first attempt at playing with collections. 3 resets later, I'm getting really annoyed with the forced tutorial! Any way to skip that if I'm forced to reset again? Yikes! Will research the side loaded books thread now. Thanks ixtab.
kzod is offline   Reply With Quote