Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Star Wars back catalog - June 28

Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it.

The entire back catalog of Star Wars books is coming out in ebook format in June.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/...ram/index.html

Some of the books are not so good but I am really looking forward to re-reading the original Timothy Zahn trilogy that started it all.

Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Were all really good in my opinion.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
the book that started it all was Splinter of the Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster. I read that book when I was about 10 or 12 when it first came out and still have the original copy, albeit with a broken spine from the number of times its been read. :

One thing I enjoyed about this announcement was the tally- 106. Thats how many there are. I quickly when to my selves and counted seems I have a few more to get...
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'd like to get back into reading these books. Should they be released in ebook format, I'd be happy to pick through them again.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Finally! A legit release. I've been buying the Fate of the Jedi once they get cheap, but all I've got for many earlier releases are txt converted to epub. And while I really like calibre, it can't make gold out of lead.

I am really psyched to read this! and yes, there are lots of dross books, but I love them anyway

I didn't see a list though. Or what formats. Guess I'll just have to start a google news thingy...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Finally! A legit release. I've been buying the Fate of the Jedi once they get cheap, but all I've got for many earlier releases are txt converted to epub. And while I really like calibre, it can't make gold out of lead.

I am really psyched to read this! and yes, there are lots of dross books, but I love them anyway

I didn't see a list though. Or what formats. Guess I'll just have to start a google news thingy...

Me too, I'm a sucker for Star Wars books even though I haven't been too impressed with the Legacy of the Force or the Fate of the Jedi series.

I would imagine that they are coming in multiple formats....Amazon already has a bunch of them up for pre-order for the Kindle.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent. $8 an ebook. I can deal with that. Especially when considering $15 or more hardcovers...
Old 05-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

have you all been reading the "Lost Tribe of the Sith" ebooks that go along with Fate of the Jedi?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

yes! and I really have been liking them [and I'm not a short story kind of guy either].
However, one bad side effect of that was that I had very high hopes for "Knight Errant" and felt extremely let down by it
Old 05-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Excellent! I'll definitely get the Thrawn trilogy by Zahn () and maybe even the gigantic Yuuzhan Vong war series (what is it? 25 books? ).

Legacy of the Force was let-down for me (the EU petering out) so in my world-view, the EU kinda ends with the Vong . LOTF is where I finally gave up on SW .
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
yes! and I really have been liking them [and I'm not a short story kind of guy either].
However, one bad side effect of that was that I had very high hopes for "Knight Errant" and felt extremely let down by it
i've really enjoyed them myself. Haven't read Knight Errant yet
Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #11
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
Needless to say, I'm WAY TOO EXCITED! Of course, I did just spend the last 3 years replacing all my SW books after they were all damaged. I'll still keep them around.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Question

Is this why I haven't be able to find the lastest Fate of the Jedi paperback books in stores? I've looked and looked for Backlash and haven't seen Allies yet.

But I did find a cheap ebook reader for my husband (he's the one who reads the SW books) so I'll be getting the rest of them in ebook format.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I wouldn't mind getting at least a few of these. I seem to remember liking the X-Wing titles, although it was a long time ago that I read them. I really don't know if I'll want them bad enough to pay what they'll likely be priced at though.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it.

The entire back catalog of Star Wars books is coming out in ebook format in June.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/books/...ram/index.html

Some of the books are not so good but I am really looking forward to re-reading the original Timothy Zahn trilogy that started it all.

Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Were all really good in my opinion.
Oh this is delicious. I own EVERY Star Wars Novel (non-kid series except Young Jedi Knights), have bought them since they started coming out...good or bad...love them. I just sold off my Star Wars novels the other day to make room for a new bedroom going in, so this makes me very happy!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 PM   #15
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
I liked the original Timothy Zahn trilogy as well. I've read a few others, but not many. The worst was the trilogy I read by Kevin J. Anderson.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote