Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Dumb question

Is there anyway to subscribe to the Amazon Kindle Blog so it downloads automatically to your Kindle (like other blogs you can subscribe too)?

I see where you can subscribe to Amazon Daily but the Kindle Blog is more what I would be looking for in terms of content for my Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK3O8N8S0GGP1DB
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If you hit this link at the top of the page

« Go to Amazon Kindle's full Amazon Blog

You will see where you can add it to your amazon daily....let me know if I'm right......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
OH... you can't subscribe to the Kindle blog on the Kindle. I've gotta admit that is pretty lame. But, is kindle blog a subset of Amazon daily?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OH... you can't subscribe to the Kindle blog on the Kindle. I've gotta admit that is pretty lame. But, is kindle blog a subset of Amazon daily?

BOb

I believe you are right....I used to take it but it had to much that just didn't interest me so I dropped it. The price was right anyway...........free!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

No, I've scrolled through the Amazon Daily blogs and found them to be a waste of time and never seen the articles on the kindle or its content...so its not automatically part of it...but I now see where you can add the Kindle blog to your Amazon Daily (thanks grandma).

It does seems lame that you can't subscribe to it on its own

Last edited by Boston; 12-09-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Boston
Fanatic

Oh...I just found the "Customize Your Amazon Daily" link...so I added the Kindle blog and removed all the others. Fingers crossed...

(Unlike the kindle bog, the Sony technology blog is automatically added to Amazon daily )
Old 12-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Oh...I just found the "Customize Your Amazon Daily" link...so I added the Kindle blog and removed all the others. Fingers crossed...

(Unlike the kindle bog, the Sony technology blog is automatically added to Amazon daily )
Ok... I must be blind. I go to Customize Amazon Daily but I don't see the Kindle blog as a listed topic?

BOb
Old 12-09-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
Boston
Fanatic

No...its not you.

You have to go to the Kindle blog itself (link above) and select the "« Go to Amazon Kindle's full Amazon Blog" link and then choose the option to add it to you Amazon Daily.

You are right, it doesn't appear on the customize topics page.

You would think Amazon would make it easier for Kindle users to get the Kindle blog automatically

I still need to see if it works.

Last edited by Boston; 12-09-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You have to go to the Kindle blog itself (link above) and select the "« Go to Amazon Kindle's full Amazon Blog" link and then choose the option to add it to you Amazon Daily.
Ah... bully for you. I did it... but it still doesn't show in the Amazon Daily customize list. I guess I am to take it on faith that it is included?

BOb
Old 12-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #10
Boston
Fanatic

I just added the Kindle blog, removed all the others...then downloaded the Amazon daily blog and got everything BUT the Kindle blog..hopefully it just takes time and will fix itself tomorrow

Last edited by Boston; 12-09-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I just added the Kindle blog, removed all the others...then downloaded the Amazon daily blog and got everything BUT the Kindle blog..hopefully it just takes time and will fix itself tomorrow

No, I'm not laughing at you. Just sounds like something I'd do.......
Old 12-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #12
Boston
Fanatic

same thing today

pilotbob, did you have any success?

at least grandma can keep laughing
Old 12-10-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
same thing today

No, I will not laugh. Boston, can you email Kindle support and ask them how to do it? There has to be an easy way......
Old 12-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
same thing today

While I "supposedly" added the Kindle blog to my Amazon daily... I do not subscribe to amazon daily.

I subscribe to the Kindle blog on my PC RSS reader.

BOb
Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #15
Boston
Fanatic

I get the Kindle blog on my PC fine as well. I thought it might be nice to have it delivered to my mother's Kindle as she won't be searching this type of info out on her PC.

Maybe I'll get around to asking Amazon support but am lazy about doing stuff like that in general...its easier to post here

Last edited by Boston; 12-10-2008 at 10:23 PM.