Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #1
einknewbie
einknewbie began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs t1, amazon kindle 3,
Arrow Is there any hope to save my brick prs-t1? Some weired about battery or system

I like my sony prs t1, which is a awesome gadget to read epub everyday.

My sony prs-t1 has been a brick since last month. And I don't know what has happened and how it is caused. Let me try to describe some details about the course as much as I can.

May some enthusiastic guy could help me, or provide some suggestion, advice or solution.

One day I found my t1 in a corner for a while, when suddenly I realized I hadn't charge it for a long time, about one week or so. I clicked the power button and then it would come back from the sleep mode in my previous experience. As you know, my prs-t1 has been rooted, and it is android 2.2. I also made three "home mods" to t1, which is the original, the customed original, and the android home interface, so you can choose the sony reader or android interface on your demand. Under normal circumstances, when it revovering from sleeping mode, the first step is one clicking on this pop-up window to make a choice. Next, I would like to choose the reader orininal interface to do a "power off" operation. After that, I would have a full recharging with the AC. However, it didn't. It is beyond my expectations. The rough roda began.

Nothing happened, the prs-t1 is stuck in the interface showing in the picture. From now on, nothing would be changed, whatever you do. The screen remains still and keeps the last interface while getting brick.

I remembered some vague details before it became a brick. There seems two rolling circule arrows on the screen all the time, at the same time I was waiting for about 20 seconds or so, expecting it would return to nomal. (It should be so, but I indeed can't remembed them accurately with one month passed.)

During the annoying process, I did some rude operation repeatedly to my t1, including long-time reset pricking and then trying to power on. I attempted to do in this way again and again in about ten minutes. In the end, it became so, asthe same as the result in the pictures showed (attach file):

In the following, I myself tried every possible solution from the sony eink forums manul step by step, such as this "Recovering a bricked device (sd recovery, sd rescue)". And I serach google for information about sony prs t1 recovery, reset and reboot method, in addition to varies button operation combination. Thesesolutions are all invalid to my sony prs t1.

I also try to do full charging firstly and do so whenever before I do my recovery, only to observe its indicator beises power button turns red during charging and will turn off in several hours. After the full charging, when I attempted to turn on the t1 or do some sd recovery, the only reaction is the yellow indictor twinking and nothing screen chaning at the same time. In other words, there is any other reaction on the screen, no more "opening reader" sign or any other chaning action - e.g., a processing bar. You could ONLY find the touch screen remains the same in the picture showed.

BTW, I have already tried to change other SD cards and nothing changed. And my t1 is out of warranty period.

I guess it would be the battery flat problems causing the T1 brick, right? If so, why I can charge it with the red incator on? I have no clues to repair or remend it. And I would like to do a battery replacement for my T1, but without any soldering experience, so I postponed the plan until now.

Is there any way not to do solder handling and make a new battery replacement on sony prs t1. I know there are 3 wires soldered with the motherboard. And I'm not good at this.

That's all. Any idea? Thank you all indeed. I would like I can find some solutions from here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140824120725.png
Views:	640
Size:	695.0 KB
ID:	127224  

Last edited by einknewbie; 08-24-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
einknewbie

Some other information about my T1:

My sony prs t1 has done Repartitioning via here. And before repartitioning it is US Version with firmware 04.12210.

My restore pack version is 1.0.04.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
einknewbie

Anyone could help me?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
einknewbie

Help! I have no idea or clues on how to remend it.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #5
einknewbie

nobody
Old 08-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #6
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
There is a reset hole. Have you tried it?
Old 08-29-2014, 03:45 AM   #7
einknewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
There is a reset hole. Have you tried it?
I tried everything I could find in the forum.

But, you know, still frozen.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #8
einknewbie

Old 08-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
einknewbie

sigh......
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #10
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Just be patient for someone to log in who's maybe had a similar experience or can offer some help. Constantly bumping the thread instead of using the edit button won't do anything except annoy people who might be willing to help you out.

I don't own a T1, but some readers have a way to force a factory reset using the hardware buttons, hopefully the T1 will have a way to force it.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:29 AM   #11
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I have a similar brick of a T1, but can't offer help, I'm afraid. Done all the resets, charged off the wall and off a computer for three-four days, done 'em again, tried the recovery micro SD card, nothing. I suspect its battery is just plain dead from old age.

It belongs to my father-in-law. We replaced it with a Kobo Aura HD, and he's happy as a clam.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #12
einknewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Just be patient for someone to log in who's maybe had a similar experience or can offer some help. Constantly bumping the thread instead of using the edit button won't do anything except annoy people who might be willing to help you out.

I don't own a T1, but some readers have a way to force a factory reset using the hardware buttons, hopefully the T1 will have a way to force it.
I have been waiting for some guy to help me out with great patient. But you see, no way~ There are 1,651 viewers, but only 10 replies. And your advice is still just waiting?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #13
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by einknewbie View Post
There are 1,651 viewers, but only 10 replies. And your advice is still just waiting?
Or maybe no has any additional information/suggestions to offer since you said you've tried everything on the board. And maybe 1651 viewers means that they clicked to see if there was something new and found it was just a bump by you. Board members tend to be very generous with information or suggestions if they have any.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #14
einknewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Or maybe no has any additional information/suggestions to offer since you said you've tried everything on the board. And maybe 1651 viewers means that they clicked to see if there was something new and found it was just a bump by you. Board members tend to be very generous with information or suggestions if they have any.
Thanks your reply. The reason why the thread is replied so little is such a possibility that it is too long. So I write a new one in short, here. There seemed no hardware of my T1 broken. So there must be some way to solve it.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thread closed. Please continue the conversation in the thread referenced in the post above.

Thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
t1 battery replacement, t1 brick