Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Well, Kobo CS is getting better (apparently) but lots of other manufacturers make font-lit readers with sd slots.
As you already have a pocketbook 360 hava a look at the Poxketbook Lux Touch.
Failing that try Icarus, Cybook, Imco, Onyx, Trekstor etc, in fact I think everyone who makes an e-ink reader (with the exception of sony) does a front lit version (and pretty much only Amazon & B&N don't put in an SD slot).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Problem is if you live in the states those others are hard to get ahold of and very expensive to ship back if u get need to return it. Kobo, kindle and nook are it here in the states.
My experience with Kobo was so awful that I'm pretty afraid to ever try them again.

And Tony hit the nail on the head -- it isn't that easy to get the other ones here. I did love my Pocketbook 360 so I will look into that one. Of course my favorite reader ever was my Sony -- why can't they put in the light??
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #17
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

B&N knows a lot of hard core readers (the people who want e-ink) are not happy about the lack of a SD card. People are also unhappy about the missing buttons although I hardly ever use those so would be okay without them. I chatted a CS rep and he said they were getting a ton of complaints. I only hope they do something about it.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #18
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
B&N knows a lot of hard core readers (the people who want e-ink) are not happy about the lack of a SD card. People are also unhappy about the missing buttons although I hardly ever use those so would be okay without them. I chatted a CS rep and he said they were getting a ton of complaints. I only hope they do something about it.
It took them what, 2 years? to release this one. So I am not holding my breath that they will suddenly introduce the same model with an SD card. I would buy one if they did, to support the company if nothing else.

I guess what they COULD do is send an update that will repartition the device. or have them do it in the store. It would be very attractive to me if there was no "reserved for BN content" partition at ALL.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It took them what, 2 years? to release this one. So I am not holding my breath that they will suddenly introduce the same model with an SD card. I would buy one if they did, to support the company if nothing else.

I guess what they COULD do is send an update that will repartition the device. or have them do it in the store. It would be very attractive to me if there was no "reserved for BN content" partition at ALL.
That wouldn't help me at all. I have several thousand books on my SD card, already sorted the way I want them sorted. There is no way I want to spend hours doing it onto the device. Plus if the device breaks and has to be replaced all that work goes *poof*. I've had several warranty replacements of my Nook, and each time just popped out the SD card, put it in the new one, and was good to go.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
That wouldn't help me at all. I have several thousand books on my SD card, already sorted the way I want them sorted. There is no way I want to spend hours doing it onto the device. Plus if the device breaks and has to be replaced all that work goes *poof*. I've had several warranty replacements of my Nook, and each time just popped out the SD card, put it in the new one, and was good to go.
That definitely makes a lot of sense! So here's hoping they will produce one with a card slot.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
ladykayaker
Enthusiast
ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.ladykayaker never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G | Nook Glowworm
The new nook glowlight comes with more storage space than before. Does that makes up for not having the sd card?
ladykayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladykayaker View Post
The new nook glowlight comes with more storage space than before. Does that makes up for not having the sd card?
It's great there is more space. Unfortunately it's mostly reserved for B&N content. The amount left for user content is a paltry 500MB. That's enough for a few hundred rather than a few thousand like Marcy needs. I too was hoping to just take the SD card from my old Nook and use it with the Nook. Disappointing.

I manage all of my books using calibre. I assign genre and subgenre classifications to each book. I have calibre set up during transfer of books to the Nook to save them to folders and subfolders in a file structure that is basically Books/Genre/Subgenre. It is a major timesaver!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote