Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #34471
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
At any rate, the only thing of note I just did was to change the batteries in my hearing aids.
With that said, how long do yours last. I use size 13 and get about 5-6 days use.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #34472
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
With that said, how long do yours last. I use size 13 and get about 5-6 days use.

Stitchawl
About 2 weeks on average, but I normally only wear them at work or when I go out. The family's rather loud; probably a habit they got into from talking to me all these years before I got hearing aids.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #34473
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Holding a sleeping baby.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #34474
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Going to bed.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #34475
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I went completely bonkers today after watching the Amazon Show & devastated my credit cards. I'm now heavily rationalizing -- early Xmas presents, early birthday presents, medically beneficial for my eyes, etc.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #34476
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Getting ready to change the video board inside my computer and the internal D drive too. Both are still working, but both are at least five years old. I'd prefer to change them BEFORE they die, rather than in the middle of doing something important.

Stitchawl
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #34477
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Geez! It took longer to write about making this change than to actually do the work!
I swapped an NVIDIA Gforce 256M graphics card that had a small heat sink for an NVIDIA Gforce 2G card with a large fan, changed a 350G internal hard drive for a 500G (I've got 5 terabytes of external drives. Didn't need to spend the money for an big internal one, and added another auxilliary fan just to cool everything down even further. Right now there are SIX fans cooling the tower. That should keep things alive a bit longer...

Stitchawl
Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #34478
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
still not sure whether my dad should get a new laptop for their office or not... *sigh*
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #34479
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Just getting settled in for a long Friday at work, but with the promise of a long, glorious weekend of football ahead.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #34480
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Doing some research on web cams. I upgraded my video card yesterday from 256M to 2G so I decided I'd upgrade the feeds to it as well. I don't know much about them, as I really only use it for Skype with friends and family and never needed professional quality before, but who knows?

Stitchawl
Old 09-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #34481
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just trying to sleep alone in the room when someone screamed outside. I'm scared again x.x
Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #34482
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My parents taught us to not scream unless it was an emergency and I grew up with so many girls that screamed all the time when they played. You never knew if they were in trouble or not.

I hope it was nothing, wyndslash, and you were able to get some sleep.

I'm waiting for a call and then going to sit out on the patio for a while to read.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #34483
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Backing everything up on my hard drive. Something borked my system -- I suspect a nasty bit of spyware that was wrapped around a legitimate free video player I downloaded a couple weeks ago. Getting rid of the thing did not unscrew the borkage and probably made it worse. Therefore the tech guys at Dell say I must reinstall Windoze to fix things. Hope they're right, tonight I lose a lot of sleep doing this. (What can I say, I have a lot of files.) Good thing I'm a bit of an insomniac anyway, eh?
Byrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #34484
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
My parents taught us to not scream unless it was an emergency and I grew up with so many girls that screamed all the time when they played. You never knew if they were in trouble or not.

I hope it was nothing, wyndslash, and you were able to get some sleep.

I'm waiting for a call and then going to sit out on the patio for a while to read.
yep, i eventually fell asleep methinks i shouldn't have watched that program on the History channel about aliens and divine intervention.

i scare so easily
Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #34485
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Taking a break from DIY-ing. I've cleared 2 shelves, took one off to be lowered after drilling a hole in it for cables and I've installed the first half of the tv cable. I only need to drill the hole in the shelf, put it back and make a couple of supports for it. However, I need the help of my father for drilling a hole because the accessory I need doesn't fit into the drill.

Up until now everything went a lot easier and smoother than I anticipated. Which makes me nervous...
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?