Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
Page Load Error, PRS700

The Bride opened her present this morning (to her much surprise) and I cockily handed her a chip of calibre 0.4.119-generated epubs, and they all open with a "page error" on the 700.

The 700 recognizes the sizes of the files ok, but they can't get beyond 1 page.

they open fine in the calibre epub reader and adobe digital editions, so I'm obviously doing something wrong - but an epub I generated a couple weeks ago with 0.4.11? works fine.

I've tried the gui interface and the command line, a books of books and a book of just 1 book, and with and without covers. All bad.

LRF seems to work ok on the 700, just not the epub.

What am I doing bad?

-bjc
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Odd open a ticket and attach one of these epub files to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

opened #1464: Page Load Error, PRS700.

Odd that I made some epubs a coupla weeks ago that seem to work - today's/this week's batch seem to not.

thanks for your consideration.

-bjc

Oh - same problem with epub profile for prs505 and none.

Last edited by brewt; 12-26-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer

Same song, 3rd verse, 0.4.120.

Won't open in fbreader, either.

-bjc