Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Secure Mobipocket Decoder v0.3

Hi there!

Are you like me? Looking at all those titles available at ebook stores only available in Mobipocket format and you're not sure if it's wise to buy them? Because, well, what if they go bankrupt, or offline again or, even worse, your reader doesn't support the format natively?

Well, I say: GO BUY THOSE NICE BOOKS, LOTS OF THEM

Why? Read more here: link removed

Aenea

PS. If the above URL doesn't work then the DNS hasn't been changed yet by your ISP. You can try this one instead (same site, different alias): link removed

AdamB Edit: The links have been removed at the request of iRex as the program uses copyright code from the iLiad's viewer.

There's a new verion, v0.4 which does not contain any copyrighted code. As a result you do need to get hold of the cf-card-reset file from iRex...

The URL is: http://aenea.xs4all.nl/

Last edited by Aenea; 09-05-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The readme does not have a suffix. I assume it is a script?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you add nonDRM mobipocket format as output?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The readme does not have a suffix. I assume it is a script?
Eh no, it's just a text file...

Aenea
Old 09-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
That is possible, yes. Maybe in a future version...

Aenea
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It works with DRMless MobiPocket books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
_Sin
_Sin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think the question was more whether it could turn a DRMed file into a non-DRMed file, rather than output either as HTML.

And I imagine the problem is that the util is *probably* (I've not looked at it too hard, I might well be wrong) just the innards of the normal reader application, which decodes the files into the HTML they contain. In that case, doing a conversion or choosing formats isn't going to be easy - you might as well reprocess the HTML into something directly yourself.
_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, but it only outputs html right now. I want non DRM mobipocket format because both the Cybook and the Iliad have the requisite reader.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, but it only outputs html right now. I want non DRM mobipocket format because both the Cybook and the Iliad have the requisite reader.
HTML2LRF and use your Sony.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:31 PM   #10
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
You can also use the free Mobipocket ebook creater which can create DRM'd and DRM-less ebooks...

Aenea
Old 09-04-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
And if you want to read a DRM'd Mobipocket ebook on a device which supports the format, why convert it at all?

I have an iLiad and I do convert my ebooks, but just for savekeeping, when I read them I just put the DRM'd version on the iLiad...

Aenea
Old 09-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #12
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Brilliant software!!
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I want to buy ebooks now, and read them on a Mobipocker reader that I might buy 3 years from now. The format is nothing special, but it works.

When I asked you to do the output, I assumed that you bypassed the DRM and exported the html as two separate steps. If that is wrong, then I withdraw my request. I did not intend to cause you more work.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
I want to buy ebooks now, and read them on a Mobipocker reader that I might buy 3 years from now. The format is nothing special, but it works.

When I asked you to do the output, I assumed that you bypassed the DRM and exported the html as two separate steps. If that is wrong, then I withdraw my request. I did not intend to cause you more work.
It's okay, my program just decrypts and extracts the files contained in the mobipocket ebook. If it's HTML you get a .html file, if it's text you get a .txt file, etc. But to be honest, I converted many of them and all contained html and images...

Aenea

PS. A small tip for the people that don't know: after buying a nice bunch of mobi ebooks the past weeks I found paperbackdigital to be the cheapest in most cases, just a tip
Old 09-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
PS. A small tip for the people that don't know: after buying a nice bunch of mobi ebooks the past weeks I found paperbackdigital to be the cheapest in most cases, just a tip
Is Paperbackdigital cheaper then booksonboard?