Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
omega17
omega17 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650(B)
PDF input settings

Hi there, new user with a very simple and frustrating problem!

The I'm trying to bulk convert some PDF files into EPUB. I have encountered the problem that the Line Unwrapping Factor keeps 'resetting' itself to 0.00 whenever I attempt a bulk convert.

I have found that the setting of 0.05 produces good results, so have set the default preferences to reflect this. If I convert a PDF individually, there is no problem, the setting sticks, however once I try even 2 books in a 'bulk convert', the resulting EPUB is formatted incorrectly, due to the resetting of this value

Please someone explain to me what, if anything, I'm doing wrong I'm close to throwing the PC out the window
omega17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega17 View Post
Hi there, new user with a very simple and frustrating problem!

The I'm trying to bulk convert some PDF files into EPUB. I have encountered the problem that the Line Unwrapping Factor keeps 'resetting' itself to 0.00 whenever I attempt a bulk convert.

I have found that the setting of 0.05 produces good results, so have set the default preferences to reflect this. If I convert a PDF individually, there is no problem, the setting sticks, however once I try even 2 books in a 'bulk convert', the resulting EPUB is formatted incorrectly, due to the resetting of this value

Please someone explain to me what, if anything, I'm doing wrong I'm close to throwing the PC out the window
If you have ever converted a title, Calibre remembers the setting you used for that Book. You need to select all those books that did NOT come out correctly (because the wrong setting was used) , Click 'Edit Metadata' , then tick the 'Remove the Stored ...' in the lower right corner
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert