Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 06-05-2004, 11:12 PM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Does anyone use isiloxc on linux?

I'm beginning to change the bulk of my computing over to Linux, and I was disappointed to find that there is not a gui version of isilox available for linux. Does anyone have any experience running the isiloxc version for linux? I would love to hear about your experiences and any automations (i.e. cronjobs, etc.) that you have made to simplify things...

I'm currently pretty spoiled on the IE clipper for Isilo also. I browse with Firefox, but I have an extension that allows me to quickly open a page in IE and then I can use the clipper to dump it to Isilo. Not sure how I'll go about that in Linux...
Old 06-05-2004, 11:33 PM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whoops! Didn't spy this thread over on the isilo forums. It looks like a start, though I haven't yet had time to try it...
Old 06-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #3
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Hm I am using iSiloX for Linux, but I don't really see the need for this script. If you want to have a fast solution, you can also use SiteScooper as a backend to iSiloX.

My 2 cents
Old 06-07-2004, 11:11 AM   #4
ignatz
mechanoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
If you want to have a fast solution, you can also use SiteScooper as a backend to iSiloX.
Morpheus, can you expand on this? What do you mean by "use Sitescooper as a backend"? I'm still tweaking my base install (running KDE on Debian testing/sarge), so I haven't gotten iSilo installed yet. Haven't even got my Palm support into Linux yet... But I'm curious what you mean.

What Linux OS are you running? I'm just moving into it seriously (much to the chagrin of my wife, who dislikes this sort of change) and still at the steep end of the learning curve.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:24 AM   #5
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
All this python script does is to allow you to download a site with isiloxc while simplifying the command line and allowing for a base ixl template. You can archive the same with Sitescooper. You can define a default ixl template and you can simplify the command line by adding default values for isiloxc to your Sitescooper config file.

I've installed from the Mandrake-base, but without Palm support. I only use Linux for net operations (firewall, router, ftp, ssh).
Old 06-08-2004, 09:04 AM   #6
ignatz
mechanoholic

Okay, thanks. My next question was going to be what do you use to connect to your Palm, Kpilot or Jpilot? But I reckon you stick with the Palm Desktop.