Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #211
wl.
Enthusiast
wl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toyswl. shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
...But you would be removing some functionality from the Kindle....
Why? default 3 items still be there (web browser, mp3 player and tts). Just add a tons new items, for example, ported apps with native gui.

this is will be really "experimental" things)).

thanks for exapmle, i look at this
wl. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #212
Zema
Zema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Orientation hack does not work in browser on version 5.1 anymore. Does anybody have ideas how to fix it?
Zema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #213
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
jbpatch + GUI Launcher
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #214
Relgozen
Relgozen began at the beginning.

Sorry

Hey guys, im sorry but im such a noob with all of this. I cant figure out how to install the Launcher :[.
can someone help me?
Thanks!
Relgozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #215
Zema
Zema began at the beginning.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
jbpatch + GUI Launcher
Strange thing I have them already installed, but landscape mode does not work in browser. What patch exactly fixes this problem?

From jbpatcher logs:
Code:
I: Registered ixtab_rotation-5.1.0.jbpatch for com.amazon.kindle.restricted.device.impl.ScreenRotationServiceImpl
I: Patched com.amazon.kindle.restricted.device.impl.ScreenRotationServiceImpl (ee50633a567ab87e2521df075d5fd9db) using ixtab_rotation-5.1.0.jbpatch
Rotation patch was applied.
Zema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #216
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zema View Post
Strange thing I have them already installed, but landscape mode does not work in browser. What patch exactly fixes this problem?

From jbpatcher logs:
Code:
I: Registered ixtab_rotation-5.1.0.jbpatch for com.amazon.kindle.restricted.device.impl.ScreenRotationServiceImpl
I: Patched com.amazon.kindle.restricted.device.impl.ScreenRotationServiceImpl (ee50633a567ab87e2521df075d5fd9db) using ixtab_rotation-5.1.0.jbpatch
Rotation patch was applied.
Ok... I had written an advisory note about this, but it has been buried again in all of the threads around here... guess I'll put it on my TODO list to make this clearer in the jbpatch documentation.

jbpatch can only influence the Java parts of the UI. For some weird reason, Amazon decided to mix Java (much, but not all, of the UI, such as readers, home screen etc.), and HTML/Javascript based parts (Browser, MP3 player, WiFi selection dialog) (and more, but that's not relevant here) together on the Kindle Touch. (You'll find the latter under the name WAF or Pillow on the Wiki). The point is that jbpatch can control "everything Java", but nothing outside of it. And the browser belongs to "outside"

If you have the will and the patience, I strongly suggest to read the entire Wiki page... much of this "hidden knowledge" is in there.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #217
arakar
arakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with othersarakar plays well with others

Device: kindle Touch
Hello, I am a proud new owner of kindle Touch (v. 5.1.0). So far, I managed to customize it quite nicely with the help of your marvellous tools. I also added Enable/Disable Screensaver option in your GUI launcher. However, since the status is not preserved after reboot, the displayed Screensaver option was not always correct. I solved it by adding the below scripts in the extensions folder. The menu option calling script should then call guistartup.sh at the beginning:
# fix status at restart
/mnt/us/extensions/guistartup.sh

I believe that the same applies to your Start/Stop Usbnetwork menu option and can be fixed in the same way by adding appropriate line in guistartup.conf

Hope this helps to improve your tools!
Andrej

guistartup.conf:
start on starting framework
task
script
cp -a "/mnt/us/extensions/screensaver/disable.json" "/mnt/us/extensions/screensaver/menu.json"
end script

guistartup.sh:
#!/bin/sh

UPSTART=/etc/upstart
EXTENSION=/mnt/us/extensions

if [ ! -f "${UPSTART}/guistartup.conf" ]; then
mntroot rw
cp -a "${EXTENSION}/guistartup.conf" "${UPSTART}/guistartup.conf"
mntroot ro
else
if ! cmp -s "${EXTENSION}/guistartup.conf" "${UPSTART}/guistartup.conf"; then
mntroot rw
cp -a "${EXTENSION}/guistartup.conf" "${UPSTART}/guistartup.conf"
mntroot ro
fi
fi
arakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #218
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In somewhat related news:

Code:
[root@kindle test]# kindletool version
kindletool (KindleTool) r299-g1d6e810 built by niluje@ajulutsikael with GCC 4.7.1 20120531 (prerelease) on Jun 15 2012 @ 00:22:47 against libarchive 3.0.4
\o/

(It'll be bundled with the next USBNetwork update, which should drop in a few days).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-14-2012 at 11:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #219
cka3o4h1k
cka3o4h1k began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Tell me please, is it possible to change the font/size of menu items?
cka3o4h1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #220
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Unhappy extensions not appearing!

sorry if this problem was posted somewhere,but i couldn't find the solution.Yesterday i found a extension called kingo and when i put it to the extensions folder and restarted,it did not appear.i thought it was a problem with the extension and thus left it.Today i found an update of Imagegallery (now name changed to Komic) and put it in extensions and restarted it.Still no new extension appeared in the gui launcher.i uninstalled and reinstalled launcher but the problem still persists.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #221
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Another shameless plug.

Yup, that's a native win32 port (well, through MinGW, okay, but still, no more Cygwin ^^) .

With surprisingly few _WIN32 ifdefs needed, once a few things have been refactored... (I think I'm in love with libarchive ;D).

Just don't try to be cute with the paths, it'll only do \ => /, if you pass really Windows-y paths like .\ or a drive letter, you'll end up with unexpected paths in your archive. KISS (/ or \).

(As usual, the binaries are in post #187. You'll want the -mingw package ).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ktool_win32_native.png
Views:	333
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	88710  

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-04-2012 at 09:02 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #222
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Why am I unable to add items to the menu? They just don't appear!
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #223
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Why am I unable to add items to the menu? They just don't appear!
My crystal ball was confiscated at airport security...
Old 07-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #224
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Bad Habit of not giving details...
If I add any items to the extensions foder, they don't show up. I've rebooted multiple times. There are about 10 extensions that don't show up, so it can't be a config.xml or menu.json problem.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #225
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Bad Habit of not giving details...
If I add any items to the extensions foder, they don't show up. I've rebooted multiple times. There are about 10 extensions that don't show up, so it can't be a config.xml or menu.json problem.
I had a similar problem when I upgraded to 5.1.0. To fix it, I uninstalled the old gui launcher and installed the new one recommended for 5.1.0. Are you using the "5.1.0 compatible" gui launcher?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks