Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
leemacmorris
leemacmorris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello from almost-sunny southern california

Oh boy, but I am a newbie... somewhat bewildered by the protocol. While I've been using a computer for 30 years in the course of work and fun, I've never joined a chat or a forum. But since I'm a Kindle-lover...a reader of anything which displays print (ketchup bottles, etc), I never thought to find a group which loved ebooks and particularly the K1 and K2. Okay I'm a librarian doing online research for a company. This is my second career and the best thing that I've done. I plan to keep doing it until they find me with my nose planted on the keyboard. I love books but I just don't have room for them anymore. So this is the introduction...
leemacmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If you're not sure where to start, you could check out Desertgrandma's Hello all you newbies, this is for you post.

The Kindle forum & subforums are at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140, but you're welcome to jump in anywhere. (It's just that, if you visit the Sony forums or the IMP books forums, you're not likely to find much that's directly useful to you.)

Clicking on "New Posts" in the navigation bar will get you a link that shows the most recent discussions, and is a good way to sort out the overall tone of the forum. Just watch out for the 40-page threads! Some of the discussions get intense and technical; you can participate, lurk, or ignore those entirely and spend time in the Lounge instead.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MobileRead, leemacmorris

Elfwreck gave you a few good places to get started on.

Also the blue bar up on top has a link to the thousands of free ebooks beautifully formatted by some of the very dedicated members on MR. I think the kindle format is the prc (which is listed as mobipocket). I believe you should download the mobipocket download guide also.

At the very top of the page is the link for our Wiki.
Here is the how to page for the kindle /wiki/Kindle_HowTo:_File_Conversion

Jump in an ask questions and someone will chime in and answer / or point you to a thread with information.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome leemacmorris -- I have found that the Kindle gives a whole new perspective on books. I just love traveling with my Kindle and having several books to choose from when I have time to read. We're glad you've found us. Make sure to take a look at MobileRead's Mobipocket Download Guide which you can load onto the Kindle and use as a catalog to the free books you can download from here.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi leemacmorris and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert