Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #91
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just noticed in the Amazon appstore "Get Amazon coins + 250 bonus coins with purchase of these apps" on both my tablet and phone. I recent updated the appstore on both. I wonder if this is per device or per account - does anybody know? I did a quick Google search and didn't see anything about a new offer.
I just bought a solitaire game on my Fire for 99 coins, and got the 30 free coins, but not the 250 bonus coins.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #92
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamborine View Post
I just bought a solitaire game on my Fire for 99 coins, and got the 30 free coins, but not the 250 bonus coins.
Was it one of the apps in the list? I just updated my post to say it was from a specific list. I hope I didn't cause you to spend coins you didn't want to.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 03-15-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 04:25 PM   #93
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Was it one of the apps in the list? I just updated my post to say it was from a specific list. I hope I didn't cause you to spend coins you didn't want to.
It's one of the apps under the heading "get free coins & 250 bonus coins". Maybe it's because it says you get them on your FIRST purchase of apps on the list. Before I settled on this solitaire, I checked some others, and I had already purchased them (probably as FAOTDs). But that was before this promotion, so I thought I'd get it.

Don't feel bad! I really don't care too much - I just like getting free coins. I hoard e-books, too.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #94
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamborine View Post
It's one of the apps under the heading "get free coins & 250 bonus coins". Maybe it's because it says you get them on your FIRST purchase of apps on the list. Before I settled on this solitaire, I checked some others, and I had already purchased them (probably as FAOTDs). But that was before this promotion, so I thought I'd get it.

Don't feel bad! I really don't care too much - I just like getting free coins. I hoard e-books, too.
I would think you should have got them too. I purchased apps in the list too - I was using up my $5 credit before it expired. I have 530 coins and wanted to get Mantano but it's 6.99 and that's much too expensive for what it doesn't do. And you can only buy coins at a $5 minimum. I don't usually buy Amazon apps since they don't always get updated when Google Play does.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last day to spend this credit:
Advert
Old 04-01-2014, 02:56 AM   #96
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygod View Post
This jerk was a confirmed spammer and has now been banned - MODERATOR.
I made my purchases less than two hours ago.

Was your cutoff based on local time? It's still the 31st where Amazon is headquartered. They usually base cutoffs on Pacific Time.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-02-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #97
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I made my purchases less than two hours ago.

Was your cutoff based on local time? It's still the 31st where Amazon is headquartered. They usually base cutoffs on Pacific Time.
Sometimes they switch early, I've noticed a bunch of their Free App of the Day's becoming available by 11pm Pacific. I have yet to figure out why.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #98
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Sometimes they switch early, I've noticed a bunch of their Free App of the Day's becoming available by 11pm Pacific. I have yet to figure out why.
I've noticed that too. No idea as to why.

My $0.03 balance remained until 11:59pm PDT and then it evaporated
Old 04-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #99
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Another free coin offer with qualifying purchase - exp 02 May

($16.99 value - $10 in coins and $6.99 for the game - the controller is $39.99)

Get 1,000 Amazon Coins and Sev Zero When You Buy an Amazon Fire Game Controller

Quote:
How to Qualify for this Offer:
  • Buy at least one Amazon Fire Game Controller from Amazon.com
  • After placing your order, you will receive an e-mail indicating that Amazon Coins will be applied to your account automatically within 48 hours. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to access your copy of Sev Zero, which requires an Amazon Fire TV to play.
Promotion Terms:
1. Offer valid for Amazon Fire Game Controllers purchased on Amazon.com prior to May 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST.
2. Offer applies only to Amazon Fire Game Controllers sold and shipped by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
3. Promotion is available only to U.S. customers.
4. Limit one copy of Sev Zero per customer.
5. Amazon Coins can only be used to purchase eligible products through the Amazon Appstore. Coins are not transferable and cannot be resold or redeemed for cash.
6. Promotional Amazon Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, promotional Amazon Coins we give you on April 15 will expire on April 30 of the following year).
7. Amazon Coins will be added to your account within 48 hours of your purchase of an Amazon Fire Game Controller.
8. Your use of Amazon Coins is subject to the Amazon Coins Terms and Conditions and the Amazon Appstore for Android Terms of Use.
9. Offer good while supplies last.
10. Void where prohibited.
11. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion at any time without notice.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #100
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I tried previously and I think you can get free coins when you make an in-app purchase.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:19 AM   #101
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Today's free app of the day, Perfectly Clear, is giving 100 coins when you buy it, even though it's free today. It will tell you this when you buy it:

Quote:
You earned 100 coins with this purchase!
They will be available in a few minutes.
And it's accurate, I checked before and after and did get the coins, but it took a few minutes before they were credited. So don't worry if they don't show up instantly this time.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:15 AM   #102
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Today's free app of the day, Perfectly Clear, is giving 100 coins when you buy it, even though it's free today. It will tell you this when you buy it:

And it's accurate, I checked before and after and did get the coins, but it took a few minutes before they were credited. So don't worry if they don't show up instantly this time.
Nice discovery - thanks!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #103
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
There were actually several photo editing apps that were free and gave me 100 free coins.

Find them here today only: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nav_sap_...n%3A2350149011
Old 05-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #104
tamborine
Connoisseur

I apologize if anyone's posted this before, but if you buy Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for $6.99, you get 2000 free coins. I just happened to pick that app as the one to open to check my coin balance after purchasing all the free app of the day photo editing apps. I bought it with the freebies I just got and came out way ahead, coinwise, even thought I'll never play the game. Sorry for no links - have to run out to work now!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #105
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Sweet, sweet stash of coins.

Maybe I should try using them in Comixology again.
Closed Thread