Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #61
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
...double post...

Last edited by RockdaMan; 05-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #62
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
They make good looking, but technically mediocre products.
Thats an unusual opinion.
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #63
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post

And this is a family site so I won't post a image of the cheesehead bra. I'm sure there is no Apple analog.
If your point is that the closest analog to the apple faithful (other than members of a cult) are the most diehard of sports fans, I concede the point. Perhaps I should have said I never saw another electronics brand establish the kind of loyalty Apple does, but I meant it to be implied based on the companies I discussed.

As to the cheesehead bra, I wouldn't bet against there being an Apple analog somewhere.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #64
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Meh with his experiences with his wife's phones and his aquaintances having the same issues I can see why he might have a low opinion of Apple products. Same as any other company. Look at Ford. Some think theyre garbage (found on road dead) and some swear by them. Not a case of having blinders on. Just personal opinion and preference.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #65
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
If your point is that the closest analog to the apple faithful (other than members of a cult) are the most diehard of sports fans
No, it is not.
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #66
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
You're wrong.

And you're completely discounting the quality of the product that Apple builds.
this has nothing to do with the product per say, but more with this perception and mentality that apple has built.

It's kind of bizarre and I do truely think if apple built hype and a marketing campaign around an ordinary brick, they would line up for it.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #67
guttaperk
guttaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I do truely think if apple built hype and a marketing campaign around an ordinary brick, they would line up for it.
They would. Apple has a history of meeting expectations, so people would line up, as always.

And then, if the quality was truly poor, they'd bitch to high heavens, overrun the Apple forums, overwhelm Steve Jobs' e-mail with complaints, and stop buying.

The tech press would go into a frenzy, as they do whenever there's any issue with Apple, positive or negative. Whether product release or minor bug, the tech press loves to make a mountain out of an appleseed.

There's nothing like a brand enthusiast with disappointed high expectations. Fans of competing products who bash Apple fans don't know what they're talking about.
guttaperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #68
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttaperk View Post
They would. Apple has a history of meeting expectations, so people would line up, as always.

And then, if the quality was truly poor, they'd bitch to high heavens, overrun the Apple forums, overwhelm Steve Jobs' e-mail with complaints, and stop buying.

The tech press would go into a frenzy, as they do whenever there's any issue with Apple, positive or negative. Whether product release or minor bug, the tech press loves to make a mountain out of an appleseed.

There's nothing like a brand enthusiast with disappointed high expectations. Fans of competing products who bash Apple fans don't know what they're talking about.
They are also good at bringing down expectations so when they do come out with something iSheep are like wow. Case in point multi tasking and notification system.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #69
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
why is anyone who likes apple a sheep? just because someone likes a product you or another may not like doesnt make them a sheep. it may be FOTM to bash apple but some people actually like apple products and dont give a rats butt about steve jobs. i swear there are more android fans hanging onto every steve jobs words just so they can have some orgasmic outrage than the majority of the apple user.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #70
RockdaMan
Banned

I'll assume that Consumer Reports, loved by the Android cognoscenti for not recommending the iPhone 4, has turned into a full-fledged member of the Apple cult. After all, only fanboys would recommend such such mediocre products.

Apple MacBooks top all Consumer Reports laptop categories
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #71
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
As to the cheesehead bra, I wouldn't bet against there being an Apple analog somewhere.
http://danicar.wordpress.com/2007/01...-you-ibra-fan/
Old 05-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #72
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
why is anyone who likes apple a sheep? just because someone likes a product you or another may not like doesnt make them a sheep. it may be FOTM to bash apple but some people actually like apple products and dont give a rats butt about steve jobs. i swear there are more android fans hanging onto every steve jobs words just so they can have some orgasmic outrage than the majority of the apple user.
Why are you misconstruing what I said where in my post did I say all apple users are sheep. iSheep is a term used for Apple fanboys not all apple users personally I don't use apple products as they don't suit my needs but do like them for disturbing the consumer electronics industry as they are forcing others to innovate or copy and moving things forward. Same reason I like Google who are doing the same in software and Web
And don't like microsoft and intel who I feel were slowing innovation to earn the maximum profits from their monopolies. Now with Arm processors Andorid OS, Chrome OS, iOS, Mac OS, Windows and all the competition that I expect
to heat up over the years I might loose my dislike for these companies as well as they will ramp up innovation
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #73
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
iSheep is a term used for Apple fanboys not all apple users
Thank you for distinguishing. Some, including folks on this forum, think that anyone who buys an Apple device is an iFanboy.

Quote:
personally I don't use apple products as they don't suit my needs but do like them for disturbing the consumer electronics industry as they are forcing others to innovate or copy and moving things forward.
As an Apple developer said: "Android 3.0 is not as polished as iOS 4, but it’s completely usable and even offers some features that I prefer. I’ll take Honeycomb’s multitasking switcher over iOS’s any day. I still like Android’s ability to add widgets to the screen in addition to apps and folders."
Old 05-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #74
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
Talking Entertaining...

Hello, All.

This is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in quite some time. Thanks to all who have contributed not only thought-provking posts but those who have brought a measure of levity to an otherwise serious, "take-sides" subject.

Myself, I have never owned an Apple product until I bought my first iPod (30GB Video iPod). I have always been and always will be a Microsoft / Intel kind of guy.

I've used other MP3 players but none met my expectations or needs like the Apple iPod. It is currently on its third "user" and going strong. I currently own an iPod Touch, 3rd Generation. I've had it a year and a half and absolutely LOVE IT. I'm never without it and always can find an app to "play with" or, when I have WIFI available, go on line to do "work".

Now... Having stated the above, I will venture an opinion. Even though I have never used Apple Computers or other apple products (outside the iPod), I have been around many people who are -- for the lack of a better description -- AppleHeads.

I have YET to meet an Apple computer user who doesn't think their product is superior to anyone else's and -- because they are a user of the product -- anyone superior to themselves. If the Apple User Community is not a cult then it is the next thing to it.

This doesn't mean that all Apple users are deluded Job-Followers. Some of my best friends (who are diehard Apple users) are open-minded enough to consider other points of view when it comes to computing. I actully have a friend who admits to using a PC emulator on his Apple computer because he (and I quote), "Can't get the applications he wants through Apple".

SO, I guess there is hope for them yet...

Regards,
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #75
guttaperk
guttaperk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
Hello, All.

I have YET to meet an Apple computer user who doesn't think their product is superior to anyone else's and -- because they are a user of the product -- anyone superior to themselves. If the Apple User Community is not a cult then it is the next thing to it.

This doesn't mean that all Apple users are deluded Job-Followers. Some of my best friends (who are diehard Apple users) are open-minded enough to consider other points of view when it comes to computing. I actully have a friend who admits to using a PC emulator on his Apple computer because he (and I quote), "Can't get the applications he wants through Apple".

SO, I guess there is hope for them yet...

Regards,
That seems odd.

You're saying that your friends think they're better than you because they use Apple products?

Is this something that they say to you? It certainly isn't a common sentiment among any Apple users that I know, in several countries.

I use MacOS, Linux, and Windows. I also follow Blackberry news closely because a relative has one.

I haven't found any of those communities to be any worse than the others. MacOS and Windows fanboys, OpenSource zealots, Crackberry addicts... they're all the same. Perhaps Windows fanboys are a bit more obsessed with actually attacking other platforms; but I think that's because they're the majority more than anything else. Windows users can attack every MacOS user they see and have almost-normal lives; but if a MacOS user attacked every Windows user they saw, they'd get nothing done!
guttaperk is offline   Reply With Quote