Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Etiquette Question

I publish a few books. I've recently published one in ebook formats, including a very nice ePub format.

Id like to let people to take a look at the innards of the ePub to see how I've coded various things - svg full page graphics, embedded fonts, nice graphical drop caps and in-line pictures - without having to buy the book.

But since it is a commercial ePub, I can only upload a sample - say half the book.

I can't upload to the ePub eBook section, as that's for free, full books, not commercial samples.

Do we have an "ePub books I'm proud of creating" thread?

Where would be the best place to upload it so that people looking for good sample ePubs can find it (and possibly criticise the coding).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i love your idea of "epub books i'm proud of creating" thread. why not start one ? you can create it here in this forum, it seems like a good place. although if you are looking for discussion about your code, one thread per book / sample might be better, i'm not sure. but why not start with the one you have and we'll see how it goes from there.

please remember also the epub code snippets thread which is for sharing good (working, debugged) methods of getting specific layout effects (drop caps, wrapped images, etc.). all additions are welcome !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The sample ePub from Smahshwords looks nice.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-30-2009 at 01:35 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The sample ePub from Smahshwords looks nice.
Thank you. It took a lot of tweaking to get their conversion routine to do a reasonable job. The hand-built one is a lot nicer. I must turn it into a sample and upload it hereabouts.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thank you. It took a lot of tweaking to get their conversion routine to do a reasonable job. The hand-built one is a lot nicer. I must turn it into a sample and upload it hereabouts.
yes, please do. it is really beautiful and it would great to have it as an example.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote