Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
kindlematic
Enthusiast
kindlematic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
DX Graphite "Expected to ship in 2 to 3 weeks"

Looks like something might be cooking for the DX??
It's quite odd that they might have run out of them...

Hopefully Amazon won't just release a new version of the DX without upgrading PDF software to the DXG - that would be really nasty for all those who just bought the DXG but have finished the 30 days return period...
kindlematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It doesn't surprise me at all; it's probably a screen supply issue. I bet PVI (the screen manufacturer) are dedicating all their "Pearl" screen production capacity towards producing 6" screens for the K3 at present.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Zanshin
Connoisseur
Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Zanshin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch), Kindle DX Graphite, Asus Transformer
Huh, if there's really something happening, I hope they do it fast because I just bought mine -_- (so that I can return this one).
Zanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It doesn't surprise me at all; it's probably a screen supply issue. I bet PVI (the screen manufacturer) are dedicating all their "Pearl" screen production capacity towards producing 6" screens for the K3 at present.
I agree, it's probably some problem with supply. They're having some pain, probably, on the K3 line too, because it went in a couple of day from "order now and get on 09/07" to "order now and get on 09/17".
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It could also be read that the price drop is causing the DX to move more quickly then Amazon was expecting.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

If WiFi sales are good, and all indications look as though they are very good for the new K3s, then I would expect Amazon to release a WiFi version of the DX at some point. However, I suspect that will be next year. The current DX Graphite was produced using the FCC approval attained in 2009 for the original DX. This piggy-backing on the original DX FCC approval indicates that both use the same 3G hardware. To add a WiFi card will require Amazon to attain FCC approval and the last time I checked they had nothing on file with the FCC that I could find in regards to the DX Graphite line. So the delay in shipping DX Graphites is most likely related to supply and demand and not to a newer model on the horizon. At least I hope so.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
It could also be read that the price drop is causing the DX to move more quickly then Amazon was expecting.
True, but that's probably still due to the rate at which screens can be produced. PVI are the common factor in all these different readers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I don't think anything will change with the DXG... at least if it does, it better be quickly since i just got mine in a week ago Friday. I love it though. I am guess it's a screen supply issue as well.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 AM   #9
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
And I was just moments away from clicking the buy button after weeks of deliberation.
Now it will be easier to make a more informed decision.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
techland
techland began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Hello everyone,
Just spoke to customer service and they told me Kindle DX is out of stock because the sales are very very good. So, according to them, no new DX. Mine is expected to ship 14 september.
techland is offline   Reply With Quote