Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

Device: kindle
ssknap (v1) - screenshot as screensaver

this application has been deprecated.
its functionality has been subsumed in kaffeine's frozen mode.
download the latest version of kaffeine here.

now inverts a triangle in the top left corner of the screen when the kindle is asleep.

for further info, see (v0).
Attached Files
File Type: gz ssknap.tar.gz (5.6 KB, 280 views)

Last edited by fbdev; 10-22-2011 at 09:40 PM.
fbdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Can you share the source of this program?
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

pre-processed gnu cc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Can you share the source of this program?
Attached Files
File Type: gz ssknap.i.tar.gz (63.8 KB, 205 views)
Old 09-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbdev View Post
pre-processed gnu cc.
hi, i'm trying to modify your code so this hack can work on my kindle dx/g. i think i've located the code at the bottom of the file where you copy into a frame buffer and write to the screen.

there's several parts where you reference the K3 screen resolution, namely: 600 * 800 (and 300 * 800 which i guess is half the horizontal due to some sort of interleaving?).

given the kindle dx uses a 824 * 1200 screen, can i simply undated these numbers in the code accordingly?

also, how do i compile this file into an exe i can use from launchpad?

thanks for the help if you can, kind regards
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
anyone know how to compile this code??

cheers
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
ahecht
ahecht began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
It doesn't work if the kindle is in landscape mode -- it shows a corrupted screen instead.

It also doesn't work if I'm in the web browser (it shows a blank screen, although I set my regular screensaver to blank using the screensaver hack, so it may just be showing my regular screensaver).
ahecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
fbdev
fbdev

try using kaffeine. i edited the top post to include a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
It doesn't work if the kindle is in landscape mode -- it shows a corrupted screen instead.

It also doesn't work if I'm in the web browser (it shows a blank screen, although I set my regular screensaver to blank using the screensaver hack, so it may just be showing my regular screensaver).