Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Rooted Nook Color - Changing the Wallpaper

This was really confusing for me at first, and all of my attempts ended in a zoomed/stretched wallpaper. I ended up finding a photo/image that I liked, then in Windows Paint, I resized the image to be 600 x 1024 (I do not allow scrolling wallpaper in ADW.Launcher, so my wallpaper doesn't slide). An example, wood.jpg, is attached to this image.

I then plugged the NC into the PC with the USB cable, and copied the wood.jpg image into the main NC memory space, specifically this directory:

My Files -> Wallpapers

Unmount the NC from the PC, and then:

- Soft Nook Button (up arrow with half-moon around bottom)
- Settings
- Home
- Set Wallpaper
- Select the one that looks like the wood.jpg

(it does not ask me to select a zoomed area of the image to set as wallpaper, it just directly selects the image and uses it)

Give it a shot, and let us know if it works for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wood.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	63577  
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote