Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Download all from disCONNECT?

Is there a download all purcheses button somewhere on disCONNECT?

I can not see one?

I have deleted my library by accident and I have a fair few books from the site :-(

I am using the original software and not the latest (just in case)

Thanks, Andi
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You're not missing it, it's not there -- that's one of the holes in the ConnStore's feature set.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
You're not missing it, it's not there -- that's one of the holes in the ConnStore's feature set.
Yep, I thought the buy and download one at a time a little nutso personally.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Well, I suppose it makes sense from a perspective of keeping all your books on their server and only (re)downloading them as you want to (re)read them, but I don't work that way, and I don't really think most folks do -- I tend to keep my own backups when I'm not actually reading a particular file. It's nice to have the extra backup on their server, I suppose, but I don't really expect to be relying on it.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
Not true. Sign in with your account no / password. Go to My Account. Click on the Download all published books option. Viola, all your Connect purchased books are back. Found this out when my wireless went out during a 4 book download. Sure enough I didn't get any of the books downloaded but Sony did manage to charge me $64.00. The download all published books link is a pretty good back-up system but hard to find in the Connect software.
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

But I can't see any button to download all of the books at once :-( I have to do them one by one :-(

Very sad and frustrated, AndiR
Old 04-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #7
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

True there is no [Download All] button. Also there's no [Help- I screwed up and pressed the wrong button and deleted all my books] button either. I would like a button that says [Here's all your books and 10 free ones just for pressing this button] button.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 AM   #8
AndiR
Rather interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughdal
True there is no [Download All] button. Also there's no [Help- I screwed up and pressed the wrong button and deleted all my books] button either. I would like a button that says [Here's all your books and 10 free ones just for pressing this button] button.
Only 10 more like 50

AndiR
Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #9
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiR
Only 10 more like 50

AndiR
Thanks, your response just made me choke on my coffee.......
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:31 AM   #10
Hughdal
Connoisseur

Button Wish List:

-[Software Update of all the Things I've Been Wanting] Button.
-[Hardware Update With Back-Lit screen - Right Hand Page Turn - 10,000 Pages per Charge] Button
-[Free Play Station 3 If You Own a Sony Reader] Button
-[World Peace And Inmortality] Button
Old 04-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
AndiR
Rather interested

Quote:
Button Wish List:

-[Software Update of all the Things I've Been Wanting] Button.
-[Hardware Update With Back-Lit screen - Right Hand Page Turn - 10,000 Pages per Charge] Button
-[Free Play Station 3 If You Own a Sony Reader] Button
Not sure about inmortality, it's a bit over rated and it can get a bit boring if you don't pace yourself right or are not psychologically ready for it. Just remember how Connor MacLeod felt!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Button Wish List:
When I first read it I thought it said "World Peace And Immorality"
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote