Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Books - Wicked Lovely (update) & Stopping Time

Wicked Lovely Free with Bonus Material, by Melissa Marr, has finally dropped to free in the Kindle store. If you pre-ordered, I'd cancel the old order and re-order, especially with all the upheaval the agency model has been causing this week.

Book Description
Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.

Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty-especially if they learn of her Sight-and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.

Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.

But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost-regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faerie intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning 21st century faery tale.

Stopping Time, also by Melissa Marr, is now up for pre-order as a single volume.

Book Description
An exciting e-story original sequel to INK EXCHANGE! Leslie walked away from the Dark Court, determined to reclaim her life and live it on her own terms-even if it meant leaving behind the two faeries who love her. She knows Niall and Irial watch over her, and she would give almost anything to keep them from hurting. But she resists the pull to be with either one of them. Someone knows about Leslie-s past, however, and is intent on using her to reach the fey. And he doesn't care who gets hurt....

When Leslie left the Dark Court for her own good, she never imagined she could be the instrument by which someone threatened Irial or Niall. When her darkest past catches up with her, and she must figure out how to keep the fey she loves safe-and how to save herself.

For the non-Kindlers out there, you can download parts one two of Stopping Time and will be able to download Wicked Lovely direct from Harper Teen (DRM'd EPUB format, requires ADE) on April 6, HERE. At least currently, neither B&N nor Sony are carrying these titles.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3S, android phone
Looks as if it's also going to be available on Harper Collins own site from Tuesday (one of the prequels is already up)

http://www.harperteen.com/feature/StoppingTime/
Storm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm27 View Post
Looks as if it's also going to be available on Harper Collins own site from Tuesday (one of the prequels is already up)

http://www.harperteen.com/feature/StoppingTime/
Both prequels seem to be available there for free now, although you need to jump through some hoops. ePub only.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
Storm27
Connoisseur
Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Storm27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For what it's worth, I was able to download the two parts of "stopping time" quite easily with the minimum of fuss from the publisher's website -- registration wasn't as big a hassle as it looks. I then thought I would check to see what they were charging for "ink exchange" (the previous book) but clicking "buy now" only takes me to an empty shopping cart; from there, clicking on "continue shopping" takes me to a different part of HarperCollins and searching for the book doesn't give me any "purchase" options, just a list of eretailers where it can be bought -- most of which don't have it any longer since the introduction of the agency model.

I don't know whether this is a normal experience of "shopping" directly at HarperCollins -- the initial page linked above certainly seems to imply you can buy ebooks direct from them -- or whether they haven't even managed to sort their own website out after introducing the agency model.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
From what I've heard, the switchover to the agency model did kill their site, to some extent. One thing I greatly dislike is not being able to see what format you'll get ahead of time. Some have claimed to be ADE epub, then turn out to be non-drm and multi-format; others are DRM'd epub only.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
Storm27
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
From what I've heard, the switchover to the agency model did kill their site, to some extent.
Based on my experiences over the last couple of days I think you're right and in fact I've just made a longer post about it over in general discussions