Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: My reading goal for the year...
Is a number with a 0 on the end, because all good numbers are divisible by 10. 16 24.62%
Is a number with a 5 on the end, because those deci-lovers go too far in their devotion. 3 4.62%
Is a prime number, because I am a special butterfly. 3 4.62%
Is an intricate combination of dates that are meaningful only to me. 0 0%
Works out to one book a day, because I enjoy a challenge. 2 3.08%
Works out to a rate known to scientists as "the Harriet", because I enjoy futility. 2 3.08%
Does not exist. 40 61.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Reading Goals

It's time for an UNUTTERABLY SILLY POLL!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
So glad most right-thinking people are correct.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I read because I enjoy (am Addicted) and have never set a goal on how many books I will read in a set time frame. When I finish a book I start another book.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Yays!

I can has wings.

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
That is a very special butterfly!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
I don't read to satisfy any stupid number, I simply read for entertainment. Not everything has to have a goal or a number attached to it. When the hell did this become a competition?
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I don't read to satisfy any stupid number, I simply read for entertainment. Not everything has to have a goal or a number attached to it. When the hell did this become a competition?
If u lk at the 1st post...it an unnutterably silly poll. That not be very serious.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Why put an order to the madness?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
What happened to me was this:

When I was young I always read for pleasure, I read a lot and I read most days - mostly in bed before falling asleep. When I was older and working my bus ride to work was a guaranteed slot when I read and I always had a book on the go.

A few years ago I noticed that without consciously changing anything I'd slowed down. One reason was I was now driving to work, another was that I was now going to bed later and tending to fall asleep straight away. A little while later I realised that I was still reading as much if not more than I'd ever done it's just a lot of it was now online and not books but blogs and forums and so on.

Then the final Harry Potter book was coming out. I'd decided I wanted to re-read the whole series before that. I had only a few weeks and I'm not a quick reader so I made myself a spreadsheet to track how many pages I read per day so I could see if I was on target. I found I liked tracking the numbers - sometimes I used tweaking the spreadsheet as a procrastination from reading. I've been using various forms of that spreadsheet ever since.

So I've learnt a couple of things:

1) As I get older and there are more things to distract me, it's easier to "forget" to read even though I enjoy it when I do.

2) I like numbers.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I read because I enjoy (am Addicted) and have never set a goal on how many books I will read in a set time frame. When I finish a book I start another book.
Apache

The only time I have goals are when I have a short time need to have something read. Usually for work.

Greg Weeks
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #11
RichL
Evangelist
RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: back to x51v
Goals are for students not retiree's. :-)
RichL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #12
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Where are the puppies?

(My reading goals are not in numbers.)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
What happened to me was this:

When I was young I always read for pleasure, I read a lot and I read most days - mostly in bed before falling asleep. When I was older and working my bus ride to work was a guaranteed slot when I read and I always had a book on the go.

A few years ago I noticed that without consciously changing anything I'd slowed down. One reason was I was now driving to work, another was that I was now going to bed later and tending to fall asleep straight away. A little while later I realised that I was still reading as much if not more than I'd ever done it's just a lot of it was now online and not books but blogs and forums and so on.

Then the final Harry Potter book was coming out. I'd decided I wanted to re-read the whole series before that. I had only a few weeks and I'm not a quick reader so I made myself a spreadsheet to track how many pages I read per day so I could see if I was on target. I found I liked tracking the numbers - sometimes I used tweaking the spreadsheet as a procrastination from reading. I've been using various forms of that spreadsheet ever since.

So I've learnt a couple of things:

1) As I get older and there are more things to distract me, it's easier to "forget" to read even though I enjoy it when I do.

2) I like numbers.
GEEK ALERT!!!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
My only goal is not to buy any more books until I've read the ones I already have, but I doubt I will achieve it.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've set myself some goals this year just to push myself to do a bit more of some things.

I have always read every day, going from one novel (usually) to the next in a long chain. Last year I estimate I was averaging about two weeks per book, giving me something like 25-30 books over the year. This year I've set myself a target of 50, and so far it hasn't been too hard to stay ahead. I've just had to read a bit longer when I can.

Also it means it feels like I'm accomplishing something if I stay in bed reading late into the morning.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote