Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Need help installing ADB over USB (original Nook)

I have a non-color Nook. Have successfully softrooted in past -- now with the latest update I need to get ADB over USB in order to get apps going. I have followed the instructions on NookDevs site about how to install (tried it on 3 separate computers) but when I get to the state where the device manager is supposed to recognize the driver in "other drivers" I get stuck. There are no other drivers listed. I am doing something wrong, but am following instructions to the "t". Can someone help?
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
JMyers
Enthusiast
JMyers began at the beginning.

Device: classic nook
I can't help but I hope you have either figured it out by now.
JMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Well, I finally gave up and purchased a nookcolor, because there just doesn't seem to be a lot of information on this board (anymore) for original nook. What a trip! I love the color! As to my original nook, I believe the problem is that I didn't properly unpack the zip file. Perhaps someday I'll go back and try again, but as for now the little nookcolor has my total attention. Got it rooted with no problem.
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote