Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Google Music Launches

Google Music Debuts

Quote:
Google today launched Google Music, letting consumers tap into a service that was limited to 1 million customers since the beta was launched this spring.

The service takes advantage of Google search technology as well as its ability to tap the tastes of a user's friends to recommend songs. With three of the four major record labels now participating in the service, users will also be able to buy music.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
cool. i've been using it for a bit, the streaming portion, and love it.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had the beta and rarely used it. Too much hassle. For streaming, I listen to internet radio (TuneIn Radio, HiDef Radio, iHeartRadio) on my iPod or PC. For music I own, I listen to it on my Sansa or PC.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I had the beta and rarely used it. Too much hassle. For streaming, I listen to internet radio (TuneIn Radio, HiDef Radio, iHeartRadio) on my iPod or PC. For music I own, I listen to it on my Sansa or PC.
What was the hassle?

I love TuneIn also BTW.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
What was the hassle?
I started loading some of my music and it was taking forever. Then I asked myself why I was doing it. It's at that point, I stopped. If I'm at home and I want to listen to my music, it's on my hard drive and Sansa. If I'm out and about, it's on my Sansa.
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
I started loading some of my music and it was taking forever. Then I asked myself why I was doing it. It's at that point, I stopped. If I'm at home and I want to listen to my music, it's on my hard drive and Sansa. If I'm out and about, it's on my Sansa.
lol, I had that same realization a few years ago when LaLa came out-it sounded really cool, so I started uploading my music...and it took so long, and I realized that when I'm out and about I just don't listen to my entire collection.
Probably why I'm in no hurry about iCloud/iTunes Match either.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
True. But nce it's done, it's done. Then future uploads don't take long if you add here and there to the folder.

But yes it took about a week for mine to finish and would kill our streaming of netflix or hulu everytime. So I let it run over night only, in general. Plus we work from home so it would affect our VPN connection and cause issues.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
True. But nce it's done, it's done. Then future uploads don't take long if you add here and there to the folder.

But yes it took about a week for mine to finish and would kill our streaming of netflix or hulu everytime. So I let it run over night only, in general. Plus we work from home so it would affect our VPN connection and cause issues.
The uploader has an option to limit how much bandwidth it uses for uploads, so you can limit how much it can take so other stuff can go in parallel.

I have been using G Music for a few months now and I think it's great, though the Android player could do with some tweaking and some more options, like a lock screen option.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #9
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
The uploader has an option to limit how much bandwidth it uses for uploads, so you can limit how much it can take so other stuff can go in parallel.

I have been using G Music for a few months now and I think it's great, though the Android player could do with some tweaking and some more options, like a lock screen option.
Yeah I did that. Lol. Limit during the day, max it @ night.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Gizmodo article
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
I get the feeling they weren't impressed ...LOL